Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Scout Shutting Down While Braking

2507 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Overlook7
Tried looking through the forums to see if anyone else had this issue but couldn’t find anything. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the bike shutting of when the tank is about 1/4 full and during heavy braking. It wont even stumble for a few seconds it is almost an immediate shutdown. Ive found out that is occurs fairly consistently after about a 80-90 miles of riding. Anything after that if i hit the brakes fairly hard the bike will shutdown from what i would assume is all the fuel going to the front of the tank. Almost got myself run over a few times because of this.

Also I’ve reported this to my dealer and directly to Polaris. The dealer said there was nothing i could do about it and Polaris gave me a case file number. It’s been about 3 months since i called them about it and I’ve heard nothing back. You would think considering this is a safety issue they would be a little concerned.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
2017. Leaking out of the stator cover harness plug. Only seemed to do it when it went from like 60 to 25 out at night. Left a little puddle. They said if it continues they would have to replace the stator cover and the stator itself.
2017 Scout also with oil leak from stator cover. First appeared in cold weather < 25F. At the dealer now getting it replaced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.