Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer. They told me that the Scout manual I wanted came in. I think this one is under $90.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer. They told me that the Scout manual I wanted came in. I think this one is under $90.
Is this the service manual? Part #?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah I would be interested in the 'service manual' part # 9925346 under $100 - when I mentioned it to my dealer she said that under $100 is less than what they can get it for!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah I would be interested in the 'service manual' part # 9925346 under $100 - when I mentioned it to my dealer she said that under $100 is less than what they can get it for!!!
Sure. Just like those saddle bags they are breaking even on...

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really makes me wonder why the Chief/Chieftain/Vintage manual was so expensive. It doesn't look any bigger than the Scout manual. I haven't had a chance to really look at the new manual to much more than a quick glance, but the electrical diagrams are much easier to see and read. My initial impression is that it may be a little better written. We'll see.

Scout Service Manual PN 9925346

·
Registered
478 Posts
JayFL459 got a great deal on his Service Manual for $80.99. I remember seeing it listed at that price a couple of months ago and thought yikes! pretty expensive for a darn book.

Now, indeed, the new price is $140.00!! I hope the Scout's accessories do not see similar markups. I feel like banging my head against the wall for not jumping on one when they were listed at $80.99. But no sense in me whining about it - I just got to move forward.

I will probably use some of my $500 veteran's discount to get one. If it is any consolation, the Service Manuals for the other Indian models are also priced at $140.00.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I did pay 80.99 + Shipping = $95.00 .. Would like to hear their explanation for jumping to 140.99, more than likely with the Scout in such demand is just plain Greed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have you actually received the Service Manual yet guys?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I always thought Harley service manuals were affordable, if a little high at $60, but Indian wants a mere $140, which is suddenly up from $80? Two days ago I visited my dealer to inquire about the timeframe for shipment of my Scout and was told the same as most others that first run bikes should start coming in the next several weeks. I also asked about a service manual and was told he didn't think Indian would be putting out a manual in print but expected them to put out a digital version. Maybe he should check the Indian website.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you actually received the Service Manual yet guys?
Yep JayFL459 had a post on another thread with a picture saying look what just came it - that is how we all knew about his price instead of the inflated new place that Polaris is charging.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would ask the dealer about a price instead of going to the website. I just picked mine up yesterday for $81 (12-3-2014)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would ask the dealer about a price instead of going to the website. I just picked mine up yesterday for $81 (12-3-2014)
But how long ago did you order it? I have a feeling that the dealers are using the current internet prices (or at least mine is) to sell them.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"
But how long ago did you order it? I have a feeling that the dealers are using the current internet prices (or at least mine is) to sell them.
I even commented on how Indian must have "thought a little less of this manual because the Chief manual was $140". The parts guy seemed to remember it.

Just last week is when I ordered it. I need to go back to the dealer for another part for another bike. I'll ask about it again if I get there tonight.

·
Registered
656 Posts
"

I even commented on how Indian must have "thought a little less of this manual because the Chief manual was $140". The parts guy seemed to remember it.

Just last week is when I ordered it. I need to go back to the dealer for another part for another bike. I'll ask about it again if I get there tonight.
That would be great - if so I will call them tomorrow and see if they will sell to me at that price and mail it to AZ. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
"

Hey Builder if you did just order it last week would you mind sharing your Dealer's name and number. My Dealer said he did not think Indian had the Scout Service Manual out, yet. I told him to check out the Web site. He was embarassed and stated he needed to keep up with what they put on there Web site.

Which brings up this question -- could Polaris have made a Web site mistake and mistakenly "pasted" the wrong info? The catalog order number is correct but the picture does NOT match the cover shown in JayFL's picture. So maybe the price is wrong, too. If you look at some of the other menu items offered you might also notice some "odd" cataloging, too.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to the dealer tonight and asked him about it. He looked it up on his dealer network and it again showed up as $81. I told him other wanted the manual, but theweb site shows $140. He looked that up and it was $140 there. Then he went back to his dealer site and it showed that it was unavailable. Go figure. My dealer is Sioux Falls Indian/Vern Eide Motoplex is SiouxFalls, SD. My parts guys name is Rich. Good luck.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I went to the dealer tonight and asked him about it. He looked it up on his dealer network and it again showed up as $81. I told him other wanted the manual, but theweb site shows $140. He looked that up and it was $140 there. Then he went back to his dealer site and it showed that it was unavailable. Go figure. My dealer is Sioux Falls Indian/Vern Eide Motoplex is SiouxFalls, SD. My parts guys name is Rich. Good luck.
Thanks Builder - I will give them a call today and see if I can get it for the lower price!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts