Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys recommend for securing your bike when away from it in public areas? I don't have bags on it, so need something compact that can easily stash on the bike or in my pocket. In other words no big cables/ chains with padlocks. Thanks, Chris

·
Rider
846 Posts
Plenty of disk locks out there... Get one with a coiled up reminder cable to hook onto your clutch leaver so you don't ride off with the lock still on...

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
bikes get stolen with and without locks. If its gonna happen its gonna happen. either get a tracking system installed or let them steal it. That's what insurance is for right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. Just ordered a Kryptonite disc lock. At least it'll keep the honest people honest!

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Thanks for all the info. Just ordered a Kryptonite disc lock. At least it'll keep the honest people honest!
Honest people wouldn't steal your bike to begin with. Did you watch any of the Lockpicking lawyers videos? He cracks those Kryptonite locks extremely fast. I think they are only rated a 4 out of 10 in their security rating. Its a soft metal body that can be broken, cut, or melted away. But if it gives you a piece of mind, that's good. And your insurance company will probably like that you have one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts