Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Scout bike comes in four color choices but all have the same tan color seat.
I think the black and smoke bikes would look better with black seats. Just look at
them for a while and see what I mean. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I am not sure about black but possibly a darker brown, but I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket seat options for the Scout.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also thinking the Scout could look real cool with old school chrome spoke wheels.

·
Registered
738 Posts
It probably would be nice to have the option of a black seat and I'm sure there will be one in the future. Also as someone else said, the after market will soon fill that void. Personally, I think the current tan seat sets all 4 color Scouts apart from other bikes and looks great, but to each his own. Everyone likes to personalize his own machine. :cool:

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't agree. Would you settle for a one color interior for all colors in a new vehicle?
This should be a factory option, not an expensive aftermarket purchase.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't agree. Would you settle for a one color interior for all colors in a new vehicle?
I think it should too, but that option may be extra cost. Looking at the Chiefs, I am pretty sure they will come
up with black option in the future.

Regarding the one color scheme. Harley does that with all black seats. Reverse of Indian's Tan.
Just sayin'.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I also agreed that the factory would probably offer one in the future and I think that's a great thing and appropriate.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Behold, all leather shall be tan, so say the Indian designers. We should purchase there offerings without question..

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Low rider looking. I like the way you think, this bike can be a star in the making.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
If the Color of the Seat on the Scout is my Biggest Worry will be totally pleased with it ..

·
Registered
558 Posts
You guys have seen Indian motorcycles before, right? Tan leather is kind of their thing.
That sums it up Everythingsounds.
Almost every motorcycle manufacturer does standard black so it's refreshing to see something different as standard. But, different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: jarhead1

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My Silver Smoke Scout will have a tan seat. I like that my Scout will have a tan seat. In my own personal opinion, the tan looks much better than the black. YMMV

·
Registered
98 Posts
I really like the tan on the Red and Silver. I'm 50-50 on the black....it looks cool too but can see why black makes sense to black the whole bike out.

Frankly i wish the exhausts were smaller diameter....they just look too big to me in pictures (i havent seen live yet...10 days and counting till Demo event). I'd probably prefer a 2 into 1 pipe that was dropped down so a passenger wouldnt have them in the way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts