Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my favorite looks on the old Scouts is the horn mounted above the headlight, like on this 1938.

1938-Indian-Sport-Scout-HORN.jpg

I will be replicating this look on my 2015 Scout. I have ordered a 12V horn with reproduction Indian face horn cover, which is my favorite Indian horn cover of all time. I plan to build a custom mounting bracket coming up from behind the headlight, remove the stock horn, and run the wires up to the new horn.

Should look something like this when complete (this is the best photo editing capability I've got).

2015 Indian Scout with Indian Face Horn.JPG

2015 Indian Scout with Indian Face Horn2.JPG

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Looks interesting. I want to change the horn and get umph into the sound.
I have not heard this horn, what is it like?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have not heard this horn, what is it like?
I have not heard the stock Scout horn, or the one I just ordered, so I can't answer your question yet...
This is a primarily aesthetics decision. If I like the stock horn better I will probably just leave it and not wire in the new one. Hopefully the new horn and mounting location will make it more functional as well though.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Beep beep is OK. It's the meep meeps which drive me batty. I have a Wolo BadBoy on one bike and a pair of PIAAs on the other. Takes more than just swapping wires, cause a decently loud horn takes more juice to amp the sound. So I use the horn circuit to fire a relay to power the horns. It's good for letting that brain dead cager know you're pissed she almost killed you; but by the time you honk, you've already jumped outta the way. I'd like a horn that plays a recording: "Hang up the phone and drive, moron!"

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
One of my favorite looks on the old Scouts is the horn mounted above the headlight, like on this 1938.

I will be replicating this look on my 2015 Scout. I have ordered a 12V horn with reproduction Indian face horn cover, which is my favorite Indian horn cover of all time. I plan to build a custom mounting bracket coming up from behind the headlight, remove the stock horn, and run the wires up to the new horn.

Should look something like this when complete (this is the best photo editing capability I've got).
I sure hope I can find a horn like that for my 2015 Scout !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to admit, I am jealous of your horn modification idea because it's very original, a good "throwback" and one which is actually purposeful.

I'm trying to come up with my very own arrow shift linkage type of idea, but cool stuff is not always useful stuff. The horn hits all the right notes! (pun!)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I think you need a Chief fender light with the chief blowing an air horn ... That ought to wake em up.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there room for a horn like this? Stebel Nautilus motorcycle air horn.
Me thinks all motorcycles need a horn like this

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

Those will definitely get some attention from the idiots who don't see us

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Now that is what I am talking about. :D Good to hear the difference. Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts