Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the rear-subframe of the Scout Bobber fits the regular Scout frame?
I want to transform the rear of my regular Scout into the Bobber version.

Scout rear-subframe:

Scout Bobber rear-subframe:

thanks

Xavier

·
Rider
1,336 Posts
Welcome from the UK. Usually an introduction is expected before problem solving. Nevertheless in answer to your query drop Colin Moore at Moore Speed Racing an e-mail they will be able to answer as they build new bobbers from scratch.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yes the sub frame will bolt on BUT the light mounting, fender mounting, and even the way the seat mounts on the bobber sub frame will be different. so you may end up having to get a new seat that will fit a bobber after all of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from the UK. Usually an introduction is expected before problem solving. Nevertheless in answer to your query drop Colin Moore at Moore Speed Racing an e-mail they will be able to answer as they build new bobbers from scratch.

Sorry for the lack of introduction, my first time in a forum. I am just an Indian Scout lover from Brasil (Sao Paulo) who likes small rides in the city and the surrounding roads, just finished a small painting customization in my Scout 2016 (as much black as possible). I really like the stile of the Scout Bobber, but as Indian left the country I want to transform my Scout into a Scout Bobber. Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the sub frame will bolt on BUT the light mounting, fender mounting, and even the way the seat mounts on the bobber sub frame will be different. so you may end up having to get a new seat that will fit a bobber after all of that.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I imagined I'd have to change all the rear of the bike, as you comment, but I was wondering if it does fit the frame bolts positions.
I guess the length of he shoks are different also, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts