Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Scout Jade Green and Thunder Black
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had several stones lodged in between the plastic radiator cover and the radiator. I seem to pick these up around road construction / resurfacing sites when stones and pebbles are kicked up by cars ahead if me or traveling in the opposite direction. Between impact and rattling around behind the cover the stones smoosh up my beloved radiator fins. For some reason this happens most on the lower left side in front the area the fan blows through.
I ordered a condenser comb ...
.. but unfortunately it was impractical and didn’t line up with the Indian radiator fins well enough to be effective.
In frustration I used a tooth pick to clean out the debris and open up and straighten the crushed fins but it was difficult to make them even. Then I taped two toothpicks together with much better results. By slightly angling them it aligns the fins and by varying the depth of the toothpick shaft you can control the relative size of the aperture from one fin to the next. (Those fins are very soft. Like butter)
Line Grille Gas Composite material Thumb

Not perfect enough to satisfy my OCD but it should allow adequate airflow.
(patent pending all rights reserved EngineJoe Co. Enterprises)
Soon to be available on Amazon, EBay and Revzilla.
Next stop, radiator screen and mud flap.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What glue did you use?
I’m thinking I might zip tie it for occasional removal and cleaning. (Bugs, helicopter maple seeds and stuff)

·
Registered
12 Posts
What glue did you use?
I’m thinking I might zip tie it for occasional removal and cleaning. (Bugs, helicopter maple seeds and stuff)
it was white and sticky. It was like white caulk. I trimmed the mesh to fit the opening, glued and then set heavy weight overnight.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you accumulate much crud on it? Mry mesh is 6x3 mm. I’m hoping it will collect the bugs so I won’t have to pick stuff out of the fins. I think it would be handy to be able to remove it for cleaning or possible heating issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts