Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
polaris is the factory working or is it Down .if the paint is a problem I'll paint my self sounds like we're going to have to any way .bare metal would be sick to some satin clear .

·
Banned
7,192 Posts

Dear Jeffrey,Thank you for placing an order for a 2015 Indian® Scout™ and much more importantly, for your interest and investment in Indian Motorcycle®.The Scout introduction has been one of our most exciting and ambitious product launches ever. We appreciate your patience as we ramp up production and apologize that our delivery timing has not met your expectations. We have encountered production issues that do not meet our rigorous quality standards. These issues have limited both our ability to produce bikes, and regrettably, our ability to assign production and delivery dates for consumers who placed deposits for December shipments. As a Scout’s First Run owner your benefits will not be lost due to the delayed delivery.Our Spirit Lake team is dedicated to ensuring that every Scout that comes off the assembly line delivers the quality and performance we are proud of, and that you will be proud of too.We sincerely appreciate your patience. Please accept this coupon for $200 off Indian Motorcycle apparel to use at your local dealer.Download CouponWe will continue to send updates to your dealer as soon as we have additional information. If you have questions that your dealer is unable to answer or is not addressed in this communication, please call our Indian Motorcycle service team at 877-204-3697.Sincerely,

Steve Menneto
Vice President, Motorcycles

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I like it and it's worth 200 bucks. I'm willing to wait for my bike because it's the one I really want. I can see they are having some problems with the first run bikes and that is expected. I had rather see a few top quality machines than a lot of lemons being made. Let's give them a chance to prove themselves, time will tell.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Contacted my dealer yesterday for Scout order status. He reported that all there order shipping statuses are TBD. Though he said I should have my bike before riding season starts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No matter how long it takes guys, I personally think Polaris is a top notch outfit. You'll never see Harley-Davidson send you an email when they had issues. I remember in the 70's, there was a year wait for any bike and you didn't have a choice of color. They didn't give a rats ass then and they still don't. From what I've seen with Polaris regarding communications, and their customers, trust me they are doing there level best to get those machines in your hands, and it has to be right...
Just me spewing...

·
Registered
733 Posts
No matter how long it takes guys, I personally think Polaris is a top notch outfit. You'll never see Harley-Davidson send you an email when they had issues. I remember in the 70's, there was a year wait for any bike and you didn't have a choice of color. They didn't give a rats ass then and they still don't. From what I've seen with Polaris regarding communications, and their customers, trust me they are doing there level best to get those machines in your hands, and it has to be right...
Just me spewing...
Chas normally I would agree with all your saying because in the arena of motorized transportation factories have long ignored the consumer. One fact remains, you are contracting with the factory when ordering a motor vehicle. The dealer represents distribution not manufacturing. Seeing how none of these motorcycles existed and were not in stock you are dealing with Polaris and in the most part they have only communicated with those who have acted the part of squeaky wheel. I for one have heard nothing from dealer or factory. I ordered online in Sept., received confirmation in Sept. for December delivery, and placed the deposit with the delivering dealer in early October Never received word either way as to where I stood as first middle or last in the pecking order so the angst is not generated in misinformation its in the realm of no information. Oh I did receive confimation from the bank however, the check was cashed.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It amazes me they can engineer the bike from the ground up in a few short years and be stopped by paint. And now they have been working on that issue for a month?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm just hoping that they really had it fixed 2 weeks ago and decided to start production again and stock up on all our Red Scouts so that when they say 'lets ship' they can send a convoy of trucks out to all the waiting dealers to make us 1st run customers VERY HAPPY!! I know I am just dreaming... time for a 2nd cup of coffee. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm just hoping that they really had it fixed 2 weeks ago and decided to start production again and stock up on all our Red Scouts so that when they say 'lets ship' they can send a convoy of trucks out to all the waiting dealers to make us 1st run customers VERY HAPPY!! I know I am just dreaming... time for a 2nd cup of coffee. :D
Cindy, I give you and all the other first run people still waiting a lot of credit for your patience. I'm just fortunate that mine came in on New Year's Eve and is resting happily at the dealer (though I am waiting for a new tank because of the paint fiasco), but at this point I believe I would be having very real second thoughts if I didn't have mine. I was about at the end of my rope at the end of December, so more power to you and all the waiters for hanging in. Let there be light at the end of the tunnel! At least I have the winter weather here to keep me in check,....... damnit.

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
It amazes me they can engineer the bike from the ground up in a few short years and be stopped by paint. And now they have been working on that issue for a month?
My dealer told me that Polaris says they had a new paint line scheduled to go in around this time anyway, and the Scout production ran into the re-build/upgrade of the line. So they may have been shut down for paint while this new line was implemented.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I never got my coupon either. Polaris contacted me VIA facebook and told me they would resend the email they apparently sent in December. They had a typo in my email address. Still haven't gotten that email. There is no doubt that the product is good. It was my Christmas present to Builder, from Builder. Maybe after waiting, I would like something else for now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dealer told me that Polaris says they had a new paint line scheduled to go in around this time anyway, and the Scout production ran into the re-build/upgrade of the line. So they may have been shut down for paint while this new line was implemented.
Good, maybe now they can pump out some high quality shiny new red Scouts and expedite them to my dealer, still waiting somewhat patiently.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That sounds good, especially for those waiting on Scouts and should expect good paint. Now I hope they can get those replacement tanks out to those of us waiting on replacement tanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also received $200 Coupon from Polaris. I will continue to patiently wait for my Smoke Black Scout.

I will continue to patiently wait for my Smoke Black Scout.

Being hospitalized most of January, I've learned to become patient.......

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I'm having a shot of Irish Cream in my coffee, can I fix you one?

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I never got my coupon either. Polaris contacted me VIA facebook and told me they would resend the email they apparently sent in December. They had a typo in my email address. Still haven't gotten that email. There is no doubt that the product is good. It was my Christmas present to Builder, from Builder. Maybe after waiting, I would like something else for now.
Hey, are you still hanging in there? I hope so! Just wait a little bit longer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Other message stated transmission issues as well along with the paint so i guess it was more serious.

I will take a wait and see approach. May be moving even so an april or may date since i didnt preorder is possible but warranty still a major concern for me. 1 year wont cut it for a riskier first year bike for me...as much as i want one.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Other message stated transmission issues as well along with the paint so i guess it was more serious.

I will take a wait and see approach. May be moving even so an april or may date since i didnt preorder is possible but warranty still a major concern for me. 1 year wont cut it for a riskier first year bike for me...as much as i want one.
From the Scout Owner's Manual.

Indian Motorcycle Company, 2100 Highway 55, Medina, MN 55340 (INDIAN MOTORCYCLE) gives a TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY on all components of your INDIAN motorcycle against defects in material or workmanship.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts