Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this sitting on the shelf at the Tucson dealership. $799, only one pipe displayed but comes with two.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
They have been available for awhile. One of the first accessories available..

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You really hear the whine in that motor which I don't think any pipes will cover up. I love the looks of scout and will watch how they go for the future..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ahhhh, thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Went for a nice afternoon ride after new pipes were installed! It's not a big change,but you can definitely hear the difference!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Went for a nice afternoon ride after new pipes were installed! It's not a big change,but you can definitely hear the difference!
Excellent, enjoy :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the CAT is installed in the muffler section that you take off for the Calif models or is it built into the exhaust pipe that comes from the engine to the muffler?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the CAT is installed in the muffler section that you take off for the Calif models or is it built into the exhaust pipe that comes from the engine to the muffler?
Cats are in the head pipes.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Holding back on Options yet as while think it's great that the Scout does offer a Stage 1 option, looking for something with a little more Deep Rumble and get away from the Bazooka Tube look on the exhaust ..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cats are in the head pipes.
Thanks for the info, got an idea for more HP,

so if you are going to install a bung to monitor your A/F the O2 sensor needs to be installed in front of the CAT and at lease 9" down the pipe from the exhaust output from the engine.

·
Registered
971 Posts
same experience, the stage 1s rock, bigger sound and with the ECU, perhaps there is some performance.
The best performance boost is Red as it is a faster color :)

Reactions: qbrees

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
The best performance boost is Red as it is a faster color :)
You might want to wait on saying that as the black smoke is way faster LOL zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts

Grabbed some video of the stage 1's coming at going at high speed (excuse the poor take off and early 3-4 shift). They sound pretty good IMO. Of course straight pipes or a good 2-1 setup will likely replace them in the future, I'm pretty pleased with the sound. The ECU reflash is immediately noticeable with throttle response. No more God awful delay on throttle roll.

·
Founding member
439 Posts

Grabbed some video of the stage 1's coming at going at high speed (excuse the poor take off and early 3-4 shift). They sound pretty good IMO. Of course straight pipes or a good 2-1 setup will likely replace them in the future, I'm pretty pleased with the sound. The ECU reflash is immediately noticeable with throttle response. No more God awful delay on throttle roll.
Love the sound!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts