Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles did you get from your Perelli Night Dragon’s that came on the scout. I heard 6000 , some say 10,000 miles. Can you get more than 10,000?. I really like this tire, suites the bike perfectly, but ,, how many miles can they really go,,?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm at 10K on the front and 6K on the back, and still going strong. The back tire got a nail in it so I had to replace it way early. I'm looking to go 5K more on and then replace both when I get my 15K service done around mid-summer. Treadwear looks great, but I'm starting to show a bit of dry rot on the front tire.

I always ride solo, religious about checking the 40/36 pressures every time, and here in Florida it's all 55 mph flat straight roads.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i've got 5 k on my bike and back tire is definitely showing wear. Front is fine. will definitely replace rear tire after 6-7k at the latest.

·
Rider
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got 5 k on my bike and back tire is definitely showing wear. Front is fine. will definitely replace rear tire after 6-7k at the latest.
Are you putting the same perelli’s on at 7k ?,, or try some other tire like Dunlop or Metzler.

·
Rider
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm at 10K on the front and 6K on the back, and still going strong. The back tire got a nail in it so I had to replace it way early. I'm looking to go 5K more on and then replace both when I get my 15K service done around mid-summer. Treadwear looks great, but I'm starting to show a bit of dry rot on the front tire.

I always ride solo, religious about checking the 40/36 pressures every time, and here in Florida it's all 55 mph flat straight roads.
10 on the front is fantastic,, 10 on the rear is even better. Looks like the Perelli’s are a nice safe performance tire too.

·
Rider
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will probably put a new one on the back and then go to some Avon or metlzer white walls after that. Love that look on my black scout. I have been very satisfied with the perelli’s .
View attachment 573869
Really nice black scout, White walls and spokes would be bitchen on it. Love the black , the indian war bonnet shows up real well. I like it,, I should’a bought a black one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im looking at replacing my stock tires this year and have been comparing all the ins and outs myself. I do prefer better road grip and that is why I keep looking at the Night Dragons over others. However now that Michelin has improved the Commander IIs and will be rolling out the Commander IIIs soon I may wait (If I can, I saw a little dry rot the other day when inspecting). Supposed to be better gripping and water displacement than the previous model with the same wear life.

Sometimes I hate being part of the first batch of products (early adopters) (they seem to have the most issues compared to second and third ran) but hopefully tires will be different.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Stock tires should never decide what you replace them with.

Many manufacturers make a cheaper "stock tire" to go on a new bike or car and typically have less tread depth than the tires they sell commercially.

Pirelli is particularly guilty of this. Took me awhile to figure out why my Pirelli car tires were only getting 20k. Turned out out, the dealer kept putting on new car take-offs (made in Brazil) and charging me the price of the commercial Pirellis that had far more tread depth. I suspect my Harley dealer did the same with Dunlops. I couldn't get more than 5k on a tire.

Not sure if Indian is doing this, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I would make sure all the numbers and origin marked on the tire match up with the commercial version to be sure you're comparing apples to apples.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts