Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I just got my mail 5 minutes ago and WOW! My November 2014 issue of Cycle World was there. Always anxious to see it regardless, BUT THERE IT WAS! The Scout is on the cover! That got me really excited! 7 page article - mostly quite positive. Check it out. :cool:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. Got to read the article more closely and I think many of you will be very pleased that some of the test riders thought there was an EASY 140 HP in the Scout engine. When they mentioned it to their Technical Editor, Kevin Cameron, he "upped the ante quite a bit".

Along the lines of which we've been discussing quite a bit on the Scout forum, the one tester said/asked: "How about a Sport Scout with similar styling and a standard-style riding position".

Sweet! :cool:

·
Registered
468 Posts
A dash of Bonneville salt... nice touch Twinhit.

Thanks fred.

Performance was what the original Scout was all about. Hard to imagine Indian keeping
the model a base model. - Just.... too hard for me to see it.

Polaris stocks are rising.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Hi Everyone. I just got my mail 5 minutes ago and WOW! My November 2014 issue of Cycle World was there. Always anxious to see it regardless, BUT THERE IT WAS! The Scout is on the cover! That got me really excited! 7 page article - mostly quite positive. Check it out. :cool:
When I was in Sturgis the Scout on the dyno they had rapped out to 160 mph.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
For any wondering what the Cover Looks like ...

·
Registered
468 Posts
When I was in Sturgis the Scout on the dyno they had rapped out to 160 mph.
Thanks for sharing that insight, builder.
Not bad.
What league of bikes do 160 mph?

What's interesting is that Honda's CB1100's (1140cc?) speedometer maxes out at 120 with a needle stop on the face.
Seems I recall seeing something much higher, like 180, on the original CB750s of the 70s.

If that was 160 against the rev limiter and in 6th gear...
Sounds consistent with some calculations I made (albeit for a lousy typo in the tire parameter, corrected by another member).

Definitely would want a streamlined windshield/fairing at that speed.

ooh another idea.

·
Registered
478 Posts
"How about a Sport Scout with similar styling and a standard-style riding position".

I could probably go for that. Will be looking at the Scout this Wednesday at the dealership in Hattiesburg, MS (on display from 2-6pm). I'll know a lot more about it then. But for now, I don't think I would like the extended shift, or pegs either, for that matter. Guess my Classic has got me spoiled...
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts