Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still awaiting the arrival of my Thunder Black Scout that was ordered in August. I see there is a red one on Ebay being sold with 7 miles on the clock from a Ford dealer in Salinga, KS with a starting bid of $13,500 and a buy it now for $17,900 if anyone interested? Also, has no warranty

·
Registered
656 Posts
Saw that too - still waiting for my Indian Red here in AZ... :( Can't believe that someone bought it and turned around and sold it.. With 7 miles on it that isn't even enough to get the oil warm!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Holy crap! I hope that is not my wife doing some shenanigan's behind my back. Maybe mine already arrived and now it is at some Ford dealer in Kansas. Since I am away from home for four day stretches at a time there certainly is that window of opportunity.

This waiting is causing me great angst -- and my wife would probably say delusional thinking, too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sad... No Scout as yet for me and here is a dealer trying to make a large profit... I hope it doesn't sell. I mean, I don't blame a person for trying to make a buck. Just feels sacrilegious somehow... :(

Reactions: Rudy Smith

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sad... No Scout as yet for me and here is a dealer trying to make a large profit... I hope it doesn't sell. I mean, I don't blame a person for trying to make a buck. Just feels sacrilegious somehow... :(
Mentioned that FleaBay ad to my dealer while on the phone with him today. His cut is that Mother Polaris is not going to be happy with that little deal, after all trouble they've gone to, to try to equalize the initial distribution. My take? I'll wait until mine gets delivered, ain't no way I am paying that kind of markup just to get immediate gratification. Part of me hopes the seller ends up with no bids until the price goes below current retail.

Reactions: Rudy Smith

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Still awaiting the arrival of my Thunder Black Scout that was ordered in August. I see there is a red one on Ebay being sold with 7 miles on the clock from a Ford dealer in Salinga, KS with a starting bid of $13,500 and a buy it now for $17,900 if anyone interested? Also, has no warranty
Anything for a quick buck:mad:

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yup, but look closer. Lots of watchers, still no bidders.
Did you note this guy is a CAR dealer?

Last updated on Dec 18, 2014 10:31:09 PST View all revisions
Item specifics
Condition: New VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 56KMSA005F3100436
Year: 2015 Exterior Color: Red
Make: Indian Engine Size (cc): 69
Model:
Scout®
Warranty: No
Sub Model (Optional): We Ship and Finance No Reserve Vehicle Title: Clear
Type: Standard For Sale By: Dealer

·
Registered
361 Posts
Did you note this guy is a CAR dealer?

Last updated on Dec 18, 2014 10:31:09 PST View all revisions
Item specifics
Condition: New VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 56KMSA005F3100436
Year: 2015 Exterior Color: Red
Make: Indian Engine Size (cc): 69
Model:
Scout®
Warranty: No
Sub Model (Optional): We Ship and Finance No Reserve Vehicle Title: Clear
Type: Standard For Sale By: Dealer
I did. Thought it interesting how the ad was dressed to look like a normal Indian advertisement. Buyer beware, I reckon. That old saying about fools and money being parted comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I did. Thought it interesting how the ad was dressed to look like a normal Indian advertisement. Buyer beware, I reckon. That old saying about fools and money being parted comes to mind.
I am curious to find out if any fool actually buys it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, it won't be this one, I can assure you of that!

·
Registered
228 Posts
As the saying goes..."There is an idiot born every day" (not sure if buyer or seller). It may be a marketing ploy to get people in the dealership. Sales and marketing can give you a very dirty feeling at times and this may be one of them. I agree with Mr. Brown... almost sacrilegious

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just checked the ad this morning and they have lowered both prices again - opening bid is 12,900 and buy it now is 15,900 - should be interesting!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Just checked the ad this morning and they have lowered both prices again - opening bid is 12,900 and buy it now is 15,900 - should be interesting!!
Indeed. I can't see anyone who knows what Scouts are listing for buying this one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Indeed. I can't see anyone who knows what Scouts are listing for buying this one.
I'd like to agree with you elrod, but a lot of us have seen impatient, wealthy people spend whatever it took to buy Harleys when the waiting game was being played. Maybe the reason it is not going so quickly is that the Scout is unknown to most and therefore hasn't developed a "gotta have one" trend yet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd like to agree with you elrod, but a lot of us have seen impatient, wealthy people spend whatever it took to buy Harleys when the waiting game was being played. Maybe the reason it is not going so quickly is that the Scout is unknown to most and therefore hasn't developed a "gotta have one" trend yet.
Or maybe people know exactly what is going on and won't cave to that type of extortion. I hope that is the case and I hope they never sell it (wishful thinking on my behalf), would be fun to see it there a month from now with a lower price than MSRP! Ha! Server'm right.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Are you kidding! Someone just spent several hundred thousand dollars for a stupid pair of blue converse shoes just because Michael Jordan wore them. Unless they were my size I would not have given you $10.
There is always someone who has more money than sense. They deserve it if they really stupid enough to buy it.
I would still welcome them to the site, because they need all the help they can get.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts