Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All - first time poster, long time visitor. Quick question, and if it's been asked and answered, please point me in the right direction.

I'm looking at suggestions on how to flip the mirrors on the Scout to be under the handlebar. I was hoping that it would be as easy as on the 'They That Shall Not Be Named' bikes, but since the mirrors screw into the housing (and not through), I'm thinking I'd have to replace the whole brake / clutch mounts. Is there any easier way to do this, or does somebody make some custom mounts with the screw-in point on the bottom of the mount?

I haven't bought a Scout yet, but this is one of the changes I would like to make to any bike I get, so any help would be useful. Thanks all, and I hope to be an Indian owner soon!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
Welcome!
There wouldn't be a way to do that with the stock setup. With the location they are mounted, under bar mirrors would hit the tank when turning. Unless you get ape hangers. Then probably the best way to do it would be bar end mirrors that wrap underneath. Not sure is is been done on a scout, but I've seen them before...

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Where there is a will there is a way.....
I will look and see if I can drill and tap the original hole.
I have wanted to do this for quite some time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a simple clamp on I got from Mr. lucky's. Pretty good mirror and I like the look a whole lot better then the stock moose antlers that came on it

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts