Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOSFull15-1.jpg

We partnered with our friends at Invest Cast Inc, to prototype these Scout mid-controls for the Spirit of Sturgis project. As many of you know the challenge we faced is the lack of frame on the bottom side of the bike. These controls would likely retail for $999.00, Is this something you would be interested in at that price? We have received calls and are testing the market. Other ideas, suggestions or input? We love the creativity of Indian owners and want to hear your opinions regardless of the vote, Good or Bad.

Thank you!

Weston M. Frank
Sales & Marketing Liaison
Klock Werks Kustom Cycles
Mitchell, SD

MidControls2-1.jpg

ResizeSOSFull10-1.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$ 999.00 to relocate foot pegs?
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as relocating the foot pegs, we had to completely redesign the braking and shifting system... after many hours of R&D, rapid prototyping, and fabricating the first set ever. We have decided to look into producing these for those that have asked. After the cost of tooling and all of our money and time invested, $999.00 is truly a price point that we believe to be fair, for both sides of the fence.

We do however value your input, and will take your opinion into consideration!

Have a wonderful christmas!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I guess there is someone who may need or want these controls moved back, but I absolutely love the forward foot position!!!. And I am only 5'3" - I replaced by pegs with mini floorboards and that solved all of my comfort problems.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those are certainly nice looking. They may sell well for someone else. Especially if they don't spend much time in the shop.
As for me, the cost is equivalent to three project bikes, with enough left over to make a set myself.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I've spent $500 to $600 for setbacks to replace the stock control units on some of the European branded bikes I've owned, but those were probably sold in higher volumes than what you are offering for the Scout. The higher volumes would account for a "lower" asking price. I can see your effort is well thought out and looks to be of high quality. I suggest doing a short run and see if they sell, and I'll bet that some of the custom builders (assuming you give them a chance to see your product) will want a set...even at your considered price point. Keep us posted on what you decide and good luck.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
I am also in the "those look nice but a bit expensive for me" camp. I understand you had a more extensive redesign than simply a couple of relocation brackets, yours is the only one I've seen that moves the pegs so much without relocating the exhaust. Have you considered a simpler version that anticipates the customer is using a high exhaust, like a trask, certain rpw, dirty bird or others?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Great design, ideal infact. However, I too, feel tho I would love a set, I Couldn't pay that cost for them. Those kind of dollars goes a long way in all of my other hobbies including this one.. I'd reluctantly, top out at 6bills for getting my feet where they belong.
This and the results shown on this thread are why out sourcing became popular. Sad but true.

·
Registered
972 Posts
These look to be very well engineered. No doubt that they are worth thier price. However, for me to drop a G on Scout controls, I would want floorboards I can stand up on. A design similar to the "Wall of Death" or Klockwerks military Scouts, only with the mid controls. That, I could really dig!

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
I still can't figure out how these would make my 29" inseam and overall comfort any different? Someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as relocating the foot pegs, we had to completely redesign the braking and shifting system... after many hours of R&D, rapid prototyping, and fabricating the first set ever. We have decided to look into producing these for those that have asked. After the cost of tooling and all of our money and time invested, $999.00 is truly a price point that we believe to be fair, for both sides of the fence.

We do however value your input, and will take your opinion into consideration!

Have a wonderful christmas!

Did you ever make more than a few sets? Interested if maybe you redesigned it and made it cheaper. Also, I have a Scout Bobber, don't know if that changes anything. Thanks.

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts