Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Indian world and am considering a Scout. Does anyone know about any upcoming factory incentives on 'last year's' bikes? Has there been a pattern in the past that would indicate that there will be any incentives in the near future on 2019s? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought a new 2018 model Scout in March 2019. It was marked $500 off but I think that was a dealer thing, not a Polaris thing.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
The new models will be coming out soon. If a dealer is stuck with lots of 18's and 19's, you can bet they will offer deals. If they only have one or two left, they will discount some but not as desperately. Obviously anyone would buy a 20 over an 18 or 19 at the same price so negociating is worth it. However, the dealers won't feel too motivated until the 19's begin to arrive. Polaris probably won't be involved in the discounts unless they offer some kind of trade in deal. They are already thing about 19 and 20's bike moving out the door.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your best bet is to go to multiple Indian dealers and look for the best deal. I got a new 2018 Blue/White Scout ABS for $1,300 off list in September of 2018, right after the new Scout models were released. I went to four dealerships before I finally found that deal though.

They even had the 1.99% financing for 60 months through like October or November of last year, for the 2018 models.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Personally I think September - November is the sweet spot for finding good deals on older models. Also, it can be worthwhile to start tracking inventory at different dealers even before summer as then you will know which bikes have been sitting there for some time which might give you a little more leverage in negotiations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a 2018 60 for 1500 off sticker, but would hate to buy it and then find that 2 weeks from now they are doing the same for 2019s! Thanks for the above info everyone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought my 19 Bobber almost 2 weeks ago.

There's 1.99% 60 month financing through the end of July... and the dealer waived most of the freight and setup fees.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, this dealer (I bought an ATV there previously) is a real stickler for not discounting freight/setup but there's not a lot of other dealers in my area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also consider that the 2018 models came with passenger seat & pegs and were not affected by the tariffs. The 2019's were more expensive, no passenger setup, but did have the USB charger (which is only like $150 if ordered separately). The 2020 models will probably be at the same price point as the 2019's are currently.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Regardless of which model year you try to buy, shop around if you have that option. I saw huge differences from dealer to dealer, even in June when sales are good. I replaced my 2017 scout with a 2018 after an unfortunate run in with a dear this spring and paid $900 less for the exact same bike by shopping around.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If there is a certain color you like you may want to jump on one. Indian is big on dropping and adding paint options. My blue and white was a 2 year option so I had to take one when I found it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bought a NOS 2018, one of the last two the dealer had. $1575 off MSRP, but full price for prep/freight. Tried a Scout with bag/shield/pillion and preferred the naked 60. Probably will eventually add a shield but it's just fine the way it is for a few hour leisurely ride. Now, since I bought a 2018, that basically guarantees that every dealer in the country will soon be offering 2019s at $2K + off!
upload_2019-8-10_18-37-29.png

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,039 Posts
@HarpsichordMan Here's a way of thinking that'll make you feel better. Ride your new Indian every chance you get. Then add up how much $$ you saved in therapy. CONGRATS and welcome to the tribe from Philadelphia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No question on the therapy! I got married in Philly (10th Presbyterian on Spruce) about 100 years ago. Thanks! Just need to find a way to carry a harpsichord on it for gigs...(NOT)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts