Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I recently went and took my scout out for a ride and I realized my front brakes do not work. The front break lever is loose but the brakes engage only when I pull to the rear yet they are still very weak. I’ve also been looking at my bike for other problems and I noticed this as well, I do not know what these are?
Any recommendations for my brakes and what these parts are would be greatly appreciated.
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Hand Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Finger

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe those tubes are part of the evap system. As far as the brakes I’d check the brake fluid reservoir. If it’s empty I’d check the brake line for leaks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I believe there is a known issue on pre 2019 models with air getting into the brakes. There's a recall I believe and dealer should take care of it.

Those tubes are just for evap from the fuel tank, just plug them right back in, no worries.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Senior member/ bronze
1,770 Posts
Here is the recall info I-18-07 Indian Motorcycle has determined that some 2017–2019 Scout / Scout Sixty / Scout Bobber models, equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), may experience decreased brake performance resulting from the presence of air in the brake circuit. Affected models may have had a small amount of air present in the system, after time, can potentially cause a soft brake lever / pedal feel and a decrease in brake performance.
Also those lines are from the evap like stated above.

·
Registered
2018 Scout ABS. 2019 Scout ABS 2014 Road King. And just totalled a new FTR
279 Posts
Not sure what it is about the system on the Scouts, but I've had to bleed air out of front and rear on the '19 and the front on the '18. Lotsa bubbles. Bleeding both front and rear every year with my regular Spring maintenance.

It's a simple job, OP can do it easily. Good skill to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts