Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Scouters.
I'm riding a 2015 with Crusher exhaust.

My daughter wants a ride with me.

I bought footpeg mounts on eBay (TCMT knock-offs) and footpegs from another rider.
2 things---
The Scout footpegs don't fit the brackets.

The brackets WILL NOT fit with the Crusher exhaust. Too far to fit.

1. Are the driver and passenger foot pegs the same?

2. Can passenger brackets be used with the Kuryakyn Crusher exhaust?

I have just submitted a return request for the mounts on eBay.

My poor daughter was a psyched for a ride this weekend!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used the oem footpegs with my scout. Just installed them yesterday actually and I have the crusher mavericks. They fit. The right side is a bit hard to thread and tighten but with time it gets done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally, I wouldn’t put my daughter on the back of my Scout. The bike is too unreliable. Most recently the horn stopped working. Many times, I am left at the street light kicking the hell out of the shifter to get it into 1st. As a result, if she were to be struck from behind and hurt or killed and assuming I survived, I would be left with nothing left to do than take vengeance on the corporate douche bags at polaris that refuse to warranty the crap transmission. I would end up in prison or dead, just to give my daughter a ride on that crappy bike. My VFR800 on the other hand, is already set up for two up riding and functions flawlessly. Its cool that you want to spend time with your daughter, but putting her on the back of a crappy American bike not meant to ride two up might not be a great idea.

·
Rider
453 Posts
Hello fellow Scouters.
View attachment 596090

I bought footpeg mounts on eBay (TCMT knock-offs) and footpegs from another rider.
2 things---

2. Can passenger brackets be used with the Kuryakyn Crusher exhaust?

I have just submitted a return request for the mounts on eBay.

My poor daughter was a psyched for a ride this weekend!!

Thanks!
That's weird that they won't fit with the exhaust because the pegs mount in front of where the slips ons even connect to the headers. Either way I just looked at my oem pegs and mounts and the pegs that flip down themselves look to be identical and obviously the mounts are left and right applications

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's weird that they won't fit with the exhaust because the pegs mount in front of where the slips ons even connect to the headers. Either way I just looked at my oem pegs and mounts and the pegs that flip down themselves look to be identical and obviously the mounts are left and right applications
As I stated, I was using a knock-off version of the peg mounts....sooooo...maybe they are chunkier. The right side mount can't fit because it impacts the muffler mount. I tried on both my Scout and my wife's Scout 60.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I wouldn’t put my daughter on the back of my Scout. The bike is too unreliable. Most recently the horn stopped working. Many times, I am left at the street light kicking the hell out of the shifter to get it into 1st. As a result, if she were to be struck from behind and hurt or killed and assuming I survived, I would be left with nothing left to do than take vengeance on the corporate douche bags at polaris that refuse to warranty the crap transmission. I would end up in prison or dead, just to give my daughter a ride on that crappy bike. My VFR800 on the other hand, is already set up for two up riding and functions flawlessly. Its cool that you want to spend time with your daughter, but putting her on the back of a crappy American bike not meant to ride two up might not be a great idea.
Where did you come from?!?

This isn't a serious post, right?

Are you just in from tearing down monuments and still feeling the hysteria?

·
Rider
453 Posts
Where did you come from?!?

This isn't a serious post, right?

Are you just in from tearing down monuments and still feeling the hysteria?
I know right? I was thinking the same thing. I read some of his other post and it seems like he became a member just to hate on Indian because all it is is complaining about how terrible the bikes are. I love both my Indians

·
Rider
453 Posts
As I stated, I was using a knock-off version of the peg mounts....sooooo...maybe they are chunkier. The right side mount can't fit because it impacts the muffler mount. I tried on both my Scout and my wife's Scout 60.
Yeah the mount on the exhaust side is about 1/4 thick to fit between the frame and exhaust mount and there isn't much room for anything thicker. I pegs aren't on the bike right now so if you need detailed pics just ask and I'll pm them or text them to you if you like

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried doing the same thing and using the driver pegs for the passenger but it didn't work. The passenger pegs have a different shape so I had to order those.

·
Rider
453 Posts
Hello fellow Scouters.
View attachment 596090

2 things---

My bad! I totally read this question wrong! Looks like someone else answered the question for you but I'm not sure anyway as I have floorboards for the rider. Sorry I gave some confusing feedback

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried doing the same thing and using the driver pegs for the passenger but it didn't work. The passenger pegs have a different shape so I had to order those.
Seriously! Dang.
I've wasted a bunch of $ just trying to get set up for maybe one or two rides.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My bad! I totally read this question wrong! Looks like someone else answered the question for you but I'm not sure anyway as I have floorboards for the rider. Sorry I gave some confusing feedback
No-- you didn't confuse me, thanks for wondering!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sorry you’re having trouble. My daughter rides on the back and it’s a dream.

You’re supposed to be IN first when you stop for safety reasons, as you are discovering. I find giving it bit of throttle helps it downshift, even with the clutch in. It doesn’t like to do it at idle speed.

Stopping in neutral or any other gear is a bad habit. That’s day one of motorcycle school.

Sometimes you have to, though. If you are in neutral and stopped, the manual says rock it to get into 1st. Stomping on it will just bust it.

It’s quirky, but plenty reliable once you do what it wants.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This guy. If you hate your Indian.... pack your crap and get out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Haters gonna hate. Personally I wouldn't even bother taking my bike in for a dead horn I'd just spend $10.00 and get another one and FIX IT in the time it took you to ***** in your post. Haven't had a single issue with my scout in the 8000 miles since I bought last year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The real question here: Who is the douche bag here? You throwing in your bad experience with a single bike out of thousands has nothing to do with the OP's question! The Scout is a VERY reliable bike to probably 99.9% of owners and we have no idea what YOU did or didn't do to your bike to end up where you're at. So please, start a new discussion and vent there and see how many responses you can get on the topic. Bye!

·
Registered
477 Posts
and to @Notaharley: Mine is a 2016 with OEM passenger footpegs and crushers as well - no problem there at all. :unsure:

Reactions: Notaharley

·
Registered
477 Posts
a douche-bag-rider for sure ;)(y):cool::eek::devilish:

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
729 Posts
a douche-bag-rider for sure ;)(y):cool::eek::devilish:
Dad was old school He called them knuckle dragging apes and his first bike was a 47 flathead i think and it still had a suicide clutch when he bought it in 49. After that he bought Indians, till navy. He explained to me when he finely allowed me to buy my first bike "that we are educated men therefore we ride Indians as only knuckle dragging apes ride Harleys. And if you cant get a Indian you ride a Honda", i'm pretty sure he would of disowned me if i came home on a Harley.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts