Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on this forum installed the Indian Scout fairing (the Indian brand not Memphis Shades, etc.)? I installed one on my wife's 2019 Scout and am somewhat disappointed. There is no adjustment in the mounting. The headlight is not centered in the headlight opening and the rubber "seal" around the headlight doesn't stay in place. If you've installed this fairing and have some hints or tips. Please let me know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I installed one on my wife's scout. We have an aftermarket headlight (same size as stock) and it fit fine. That rubber gasket is difficult to get right. It seems like your putting it on backwards. The gasket has to be about perfect for it to work

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the direction I installed this rubber boot. I'm pretty sure this is not backwards. It just won't stay in position.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It may be a dumb question, did you remove the headlight cover? The boot sits between the bucket and the glass. It takes some patients to do it but it can be done. There is not much of a lip to hold it in place

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well we tried Both ways and it’s a bad design on the rubber gasket. So we made a excellent alternative and have had it on for two years now and no issues With air going through head light And flopping rubber gasket. See photos.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts