Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my dealer, Indian Greensboro, NC, posted on Facebook that it could be not all First Run bikes will be on the ground by Dec 31. The good news is the five year warranties will still be honored. The bad news is I'm no. 14 on a list of 22.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't think you are any worse off Cliffh93 than those of us that placed an order within just a few days of the announcement at Sturgis and are still waiting... I am #5 on the list with my dealer and I ain't got even an email from them or Polaris. Nothing. Dealer says January for my Indian Red. My mind is tired of this wait...

·
Registered
656 Posts
My hubby called Polaris for me today and he got the run around. It did cause a call to my dealer from Polaris and then she called up to let us know that they still do not have any info on when the rest of the dealerships pre-orders will be coming in. They have only gotten 2 both black and mine is a red one!! Oh well - visions of a new Scout under the tree are slipping quickly..

·
Registered
558 Posts
My hubby called Polaris for me today and he got the run around. It did cause a call to my dealer from Polaris and then she called up to let us know that they still do not have any info on when the rest of the dealerships pre-orders will be coming in. They have only gotten 2 both black and mine is a red one!! Oh well - visions of a new Scout under the tree are slipping quickly..
I have sympathy Cindy. I currently am drowning my sorrows in a Vodka Martini, extra Olives. It might be a second Martini night...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Interesting. The Charlotte dealership has received red Scouts and no black or smoke ones.
Figures... My wife flew up there this morning to pickup her mom and she said that she drove by the dealership in Charlotte and saw they had Scouts. Said had she known, she'd of picked one up for me. Gotta love that girl! :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Cindy and I are on the same wave length tonight!

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
The no communication part of this is the worst. My dealer is still telling me all first run bikes will hit this year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The no communication part of this is the worst. My dealer is still telling me all first run bikes will hit this year.
Yea, my dealer up here in snowy Alberta is saying the same, but as far as I know they have received 0 scouts. I don't mind waiting, since I can't ride it for months yet anyways, but a little more info would be nice. And if they attempt delivery on the 30th, and pull that song about the bike needing to be registered for the warranty to be valid, someone will be getting a kicking...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Do they realize it's the 19 of December?
Yeah they know. I heard said Polaris has not missed the time line yet as it is not the end of the month. If they don't make it, perhaps there will be a good concession gift for those Promised December and get it in January.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah they know. I heard said Polaris has not missed the time line yet as it is not the end of the month. If they don't make it, perhaps there will be a good concession gift for those Promised December and get it in January.
Not holding my breath on that one for any 'concessions'!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Their "concession" will be honoring the 5 year warranty. I still have hope of delivery soon but would love some communication. Anyone know if the first run Chiefs were handled like this?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Their "concession" will be honoring the 5 year warranty. I still have hope of delivery soon but would love some communication. Anyone know if the first run Chiefs were handled like this?
That would not be a concession as it was already promised. Think apparel or maybe accessories.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That would not be a concession as it was already promised. Think apparel or maybe accessories.
My guess is that any concessions will come on the part of the dealers, trying to keep the rebellious masses happy, rather than from Mother Indian. You know what they say, after all. Free Indian stuff is the opiate of the masses.... Or something like that....

Reactions: McBacon

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think they feel they are making a concession by saying they will honor the 5 year. I don't anticipate anything further.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I'm sorry guys, I know how frustrating this is and Polaris could have done a lot better with the Scout production/delivery. I am hoping you all see them before the new year. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts