Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
So I am trying to change the handlebar from stock to reduced reach. In doing so I need to change the clutch and brake line too. Now after removing fuse box, battery, battery box, i could see where the breakline is attached. At this time, it is dificult for me to reach the banjo bolt. I am now reading the instructions and it is mentioned that "Remove and retain two screws from sides of ABS module tray. ABS module tray will need to
be adjusted to access ABS module banjo bolts".

Please help me identifying ABS module tray as without this step there is no way to remove banjo bolts from ABS module.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't the thing in front of the module bolt access be the part to be adjusted?
Have you actually looked at the bikes ABS module and see what is blocking access to the bolts you need to remove?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a look at the pic. The bolt is just below the golden rod and can't be reached. Thats the reason as instruction, ABS module tray needs to be adjusted. Then only I can gain access to the bolt which need to be replaced with the new one.

Attachments

·
10,005 Posts
Awful strange, fiche shows only two banjo bolts but your picture shows there are three on your module picture.

OK, I'm going to take a wild stab here and assume that by "module tray" that it means the tray that is holding the module and there are two screws to remove so that the module can be freed up and moved around enough to undo the banjo bolt needed to replace the hose.
Blowing the picture up as big as I can get it, where I have the arrow there seems to be one of the screw that hold the module in place. Tell me if it really is a screw! If it is, an inspection should reveal the second one releasing the module to be moved around and then replaced to original position and screwed back in.....
Hard to tell without eyes on the thing. My bike didn't have ABS so I'm not that familiar.
Red arrow..... screw?
Blue arrow.... tray?
Access to screws maybe under what ever this is where the yellow star is?
ABS Module1.JPG

·
10,005 Posts
According to the instructions above the canister and the voltage regulator are both attached to the "Module Tray"
So now we know that the module, the canister and the voltage reg are all bolted to the same "Tray" that should make it a lot easier to spot.
Removal or even loosening of ANY of the banjo bolts is going to release brake fluid, I don't understand your diagram above explaining removal/loosing of the bolts, fluids "may" come out..... I can assure you that fluid will come out...That's what holds the banjo onto the ABS module housing, it is a hollow bolt.

I hope your well versed on bleeding the Scout ABS system when you get through replacing lines, even the dealership mechanics fear the process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer told me that handlebar installation with clutch and brakeline changes cost $350 in labor, thats the reason I wanted to do it myself. But looking at the complexity and concerns coming from you, this is what I am going to do. I will install handlebar and clutch myself if i was able to route ABS wire outside the headlight frame. This may help me to lower down the labor to changing brakeline only.

·
10,005 Posts
My dealer told me that handlebar installation with clutch and brakeline changes cost $350 in labor, thats the reason I wanted to do it myself. But looking at the complexity and concerns coming from you, this is what I am going to do. I will install handlebar and clutch myself if i was able to route ABS wire outside the headlight frame. This may help me to lower down the labor to changing brakeline only.
Sounds like a good choice.... expensive but may be worth it in the long run!

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the same boat... what did you end up doing? My 2019 Scout actually has a coupling along the run of the hardline, specifically for replacing the stock bracket stainless brake lever line with an extended line for bigger bars. The +7" custom line I received from Barnett ran all the way to the Module, so i decided to just go that route. After getting as far last night as you have in this thread, I am wondering if I should just order a new line that connects at the coupling. But I've already come this far getting that battery box/coolant reservoir out that I feel like I might as well just muscle through it. I realize that I will probably have to get the dealership to reset the ABS error code, but better 1hr at $105 than 3+

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I remove everything today and have the same problem removal the banjo at the front. Didn't found how to remove the module to replace the banjo. Did you finally find the way to do it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Theres a plate under the module just in front of the back wheel. Theres 2 black hex screws holding it and 2 silvers screws, one under the plate and one on the left.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am in the same boat, i am not able to take the battery tray out! it looks like something is holding it down but i have removed all the bolts holding it down

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look under the tray, its hookup to the little qhite reservoir. You just to move the little hook to remove the tray. Its a little to remove but it passes

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s kinda of a pain. Some wiring harness are also connected to it. I also had to go from the bottom and the side to get everything disconnected. The instructions left a lot of stuff of when I changed my brake lines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Look under the tray, its hookup to the little qhite reservoir. You just to move the little hook to remove the tray. Its a little to remove but it passes
Thanks! how did you get to under the tray? i dont seem to have any access!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts