Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but my wife and I had to preorder 2 scout bobbers since no dealers with 200 miles had two scout bobbers with ABS. The dealer we preordered with stated it would likely be several months before the bikes arrive. Has anyone preordered a bike since the COVID pandemic and how long did it take for the bikes to arrive.

·
Rider
486 Posts
Look up "iMotorsports in St. Petersburg FL. They will find your bikes and ship them to your door. (They do not charge for shipping)
And, as a bonus, the best price around!

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
did you have to pay for them already?... a couple of months and it will be the end of August... towards the end of riding season in NJ... and also the beginning of prices dropping on bikes..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had to put a $500 deposit for each bike "fully Refundable". We called other dealers and they said they were not shipping bobbers as they are in super high demand and there is a shortage due to a production halt from COVID. We almost bought two from a dealer near Pittsburg PA, but they said we would have to drive out there and would have to trailer the bike back (6+ hour drive each way) and we would be responsible for registering the bikes in NJ (so no temporary tags). I have never bought a vehicle from out of state but the few bike dealers I have spoken to pretty much said that it would be on me to register and title the bike in NJ and I would not be able to ride until I do so. I think I am going to reach out to Imotorsports to see if that may be a better deal.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
462 Posts
I bought my FTR from iMotorsports Orlando. Granted, I'm local so I was able to actually go to there, but it was overall a positive dealership experience. I was a bit hesitant at first as they specialize in online sales but they're one of only two local Indian dealers and I had a bad taste from the other one a few years back trying to buy a Triumph. Their new stock Indian showroom is beautiful, newly built, top of the line. Their used bike section... not so much. But it was comforting to know that they are a legit business and they don't just have a fancy website and its not actually being run out of some run down Detroit storage warehouse by two teenagers... Not only that, their FTR-S was listed $4k below MSRP, not sure about their other bikes though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but my wife and I had to preorder 2 scout bobbers since no dealers with 200 miles had two scout bobbers with ABS. The dealer we preordered with stated it would likely be several months before the bikes arrive. Has anyone preordered a bike since the COVID pandemic and how long did it take for the bikes to arrive.
I had to do the same thing. Im in the Detroit area and the dealers told me the same thing. Im going to pick mine up today and I ordered it coming up on 5 weeks ago.

·
Rider
418 Posts
I bought my bike from Indian of PCB in Florida. I live in Virginia. They met me halfway for free and had 30 day Florida tags on it. Of course I had to handle everything but they had the 30 day tags. Also living on the NC/Va boarder I have purchased a few cars from out of the state I was going to tags them in and always got out of state 30 day tags. I'm not sure why they cant give you temp tags for their state

·
Registered
325 Posts
We had to put a $500 deposit for each bike "fully Refundable". We called other dealers and they said they were not shipping bobbers as they are in super high demand and there is a shortage due to a production halt from COVID. We almost bought two from a dealer near Pittsburg PA, but they said we would have to drive out there and would have to trailer the bike back (6+ hour drive each way) and we would be responsible for registering the bikes in NJ (so no temporary tags). I have never bought a vehicle from out of state but the few bike dealers I have spoken to pretty much said that it would be on me to register and title the bike in NJ and I would not be able to ride until I do so. I think I am going to reach out to Imotorsports to see if that may be a better deal.
If you want the bikes go get them. I drove 5 hours one way to get mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So thank you everyone for the responses. My bike came in last Thursday 7/17/20 so the wait was roughly 3 weeks (I ordered Black Smoke); however, my wife ordered a white smoke bobber at the same time and did not arrive yet the dealer is anticipating another three weeks for her bike to come in.

·
Rider
1,277 Posts
Get your refund back, tell'en to have a good day, go buy the bikes that are 200 miles away, enjoy the rest of the riding season...

these guys give less than half a crap about your deposit and the fact you have no bike...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts