Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I posted this in a couple Facebook Scout Bobber groups which seemed helpful so I wanted to share here as well:

So I've seen quite a few people (myself included) with bobber pre-order blues and also wondering what everyone else's pre-order experience is or was like.
To help get a window into what everyone is experiencing and maybe see current pre-order patterns I created a public Google Doc's Spreadsheet where you can log your Location, Model, Order Date, expectations given, and hopefully soon, your received date.

https://docs.google.com/.../1PmDlUTh_qqpPJotQFz.../edit...

Please enter your info when you get a chance whether or not you have received your bobber or are still waiting and at the very least we can share the pain with each other and at best we can all get a better understanding of what we can expect from recent Indian pre-order.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber 60
150 Posts
Man, seeing all these wait times makes me realize how lucky I was. I decided last fall that I wanted to get a Bobber Sixty. I decided that I'd wait until spring as I didn't want the agony of buying the bike and then having to put it away for the winter and not get to ride it for months. Once February rolled around, I checked the dealer website and they had one in stock in the color I wanted (Thunder Black).

I went there to look at the bike, discuss the accessories I wanted and get a price. A few days later, I purchased the bike on a Friday and they delivered it to my house the next day.

Hang in there. The Bobbers are a blast to ride. It will be worth wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i got here trying to complain about delivery :d, now i see this thread haha.
the dealer just doesn't know when the bike is arriving and keeps dragging me along. not really communicating how he should.
probably even worse because i'm from the EU.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I found a used on up in Green Bay, flying there tomorrow, then driving it back to pittsburgh.....10 hr ride back
Congrats! I'm so set on my White Smoke bobber otherwise I would do the same. 44 years old and 20+ bikes later I'm pretty darn sure what I want and will wait to get it. At this point I'm just hoping to have what I'm desiring by next summer :)

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
337 Posts
I’m with DMB, saw my dealer get stock of 6 Sixties in December. By the end of January they were down to one, and it was the one I wanted from the 6, Titanium Metallic. February 3rd it was mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! I'm so set on my White Smoke bobber otherwise I would do the same. 44 years old and 20+ bikes later I'm pretty darn sure what I want and will wait to get it. At this point I'm just hoping to have what I'm desiring by next summer :)
Yup, I’m with you, the green sage twenty was the one I was waiting for. This one only had 2,200 miles on it, and it had pretty much everything I wanted to do to it done….with the addition of some nice fox shocks :). Sitting in the Chicago airport now, waiting to fly up to Green Bay, then I’ll get to know her pretty well on the 10 hour ride back to Beaver, pa. Hope to be back home today, but my rear end may make me break it up over 2 days

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I’m with you, the green sage twenty was the one I was waiting for. This one only had 2,200 miles on it, and it had pretty much everything I wanted to do to it done….with the addition of some nice fox shocks :). Sitting in the Chicago airport now, waiting to fly up to Green Bay, then I’ll get to know her pretty well on the 10 hour ride back to Beaver, pa. Hope to be back home today, but my rear end may make me break it up over 2 days
Wow. Awesome. So I'm heading on Vacation for 15 hour drive Friday and was dreading it. Now when I compare with your 10 hour drive on a bobber my drive does not look so bad :) Ha. You will be happy when it finally gets there. Post pics when you get back please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lucked out completely on my bobber as someone else backed out of their order. Without even riding the bobber version or seeing the ikon burnt orange/copper paint I just went ahead and snatched it up. Not to rub it in. Just super lucky.

On the bright side with such a huge demand for indian bikes that'll mean more and more after market :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Scout_FTR - Make it back yet? One more hour till in New Hampshire. Been a super long drive and thats in a car. Saw some MC club guys riding there bikes through the rain. They ended up at a stop we were at. I asked how long they were riding they said 12 hours and 2 to go and much in the rain. Those guys have some stamina. One guy was really shaking cause of cold but determined to make it. Not sure im there yet lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Scout_FTR - Make it back yet? One more hour till in New Hampshire. Been a super long drive and thats in a car. Saw some MC club guys riding there bikes through the rain. They ended up at a stop we were at. I asked how long they were riding they said 12 hours and 2 to go and much in the rain. Those guys have some stamina. One guy was really shaking cause of cold but determined to make it. Not sure im there yet lol.
Yup, made it back home Friday morning....tried to do it all in one day, but it was a long day, and around 9:30 i caught myself shutting my eyes for a split second, I only had an hour and half left, but figured it was time to call it. I plan on starting a thread about it so I don't hijack this one....good times for sure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haven't seen anyone post an update on their pre order besides the spreadsheet. I called my dealership today after 8 weeks of waiting and was told the bike is built, but it is missing a radiator hose with no estimated time frame. Might be why the long wait time?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haven't seen anyone post an update on their pre order besides the spreadsheet. I called my dealership today after 8 weeks of waiting and was told the bike is built, but it is missing a radiator hose with no estimated time frame. Might be why the long wait time?
I bet many are fully built just waiting on some specific part. Really stinks. Very hard to get a lot of things these days. I'm only 4 weeks in so being 8 weeks in would be a blessing :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in Dallas, placed my deposit July 15th for a scout bobber twenty. Was told 4-6 weeks, just passed the 6 week mark and no ETA from the dealer. Communication has been terrible on their end. Thinking about cancelling and just going over to Harley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put down a $500 deposit non refundable. That was a mistake since I could have just drove 4 hours away and had it weeks ago. They said 4-6 weeks so I thought sure that's fine. Annoying no one is getting updates but Indian keeps posting promoting to bike their motorcycle but can't lol. I've looked randomly to see if someone has posted or a news outlet of what's happening at Indian to see why the wait is so bad. Seems to just be word of mouth :/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I put down a $500 deposit non refundable. That was a mistake since I could have just drove 4 hours away and had it weeks ago. They said 4-6 weeks so I thought sure that's fine. Annoying no one is getting updates but Indian keeps posting promoting to bike their motorcycle but can't lol. I've looked randomly to see if someone has posted or a news outlet of what's happening at Indian to see why the wait is so bad. Seems to just be word of mouth :/
It is annoying and that's why I put this spreadsheet together. Indian has no publicized statement of what is going on or what to expect in terms of current wait times. The only way we can get an idea of what is going on is to collaborate and share with one another what we are experiencing in real time. It's sad that this is the way it is but I don't see anything else we can do.

I also put down a $500 non-refundable deposit and saw a bike for a good price recently used and can't purchase it cause I would loose to much. My issue is also that I got the dealer so far down on price that I have such a great deal it's hard to beat. I'm 1 month in (Ordered June 30th) and have heard nothing. Still in To Be Determined.

I'm in Michigan so I purchased myself a nice 509 Stoke snowmobile suit which is sweet! This should allow me to at least ride into late November and hopefully give me a month or 2 of riding before season ends...

1 - 20 of 250 Posts