Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF?!?
The US bobbers’ license plate bracket lower holes do not line up with the plates’....
....prompting the need for me to replace it or fabricate a vertical mount that is more “clean”

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
56 Posts
WTF?!?
The US bobbers’ license plate bracket lower holes do not line up with the plates’....
....prompting the need for me to replace it or fabricate a vertical mount that is more “clean”

Thoughts? Comments?
They do line up. However I modified it for vertical mount.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
WTF?!?

Thoughts? Comments?
WTF?!?! NYS Can’t even make license plates right?

You got me, I’ve seen Bobbers sporting plates from TN, GA, AL, FL, LA, TX, CA, MD, VA... plus the many on this forum, and you’re the first complaint I’ve heard.
upload_2019-1-8_7-55-13.jpeg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9A7C55A8-1DBB-4526-97FF-ADDD74057877.jpeg
Horrible first pic of lower right corner. You can only just make out the hole in bracket. Second pic is from rear.
96B5356E-3EAD-4D75-8B76-B2FCC3FFA35E.jpeg

Figures Ny state strikes again...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so Ive finished my mod. Total spent < $40 including a new license plate bracket as I wanted to keep an original part un-altered. I love the way it came out. Definately inspired by bia9977 above so thanks for that. I hope you like it.

IMG_5396.jpeg IMG_5395.jpeg IMG_5414.jpeg

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Laws vary from state to state, but most do require that the license plate be illuminated. Using one of the radius tag frames with LEDs from Custom Dynamics will get that requirement met. LED tag bolts will also do the trick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the exact same thing. I took a cheap hacksaw to it since it’s just plastic. The project took less than 2 minutes and it makes the whole bike look so much more sleek.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts