Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ignition housing/guard on the Scout Bobber would fit on a Scout Sixty and if so where could I get one? Sure would be a great way to keep your leg from hitting the key.

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
Would think it’s possible, but to buy all the new parts looks like upwards of $130 (all pieces, shipping, tax).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever hit my leg on my 60s key. Do you have a squared off plastic key or one of the indian head metal keys?
I know a large majority of parts are compatible but not sure about the key housing. My local Indian Dealer‘s (Coastal Indian Motorcycle in South Carolina) service department is very helpful with questions like this. They have done a few projects with Scouts using Bobber parts too.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever hit my leg on my 60s key. Do you have a squared off plastic key or one of the indian head metal keys?
I know a large majority of parts are compatible but not sure about the key housing. My local Indian Dealer‘s (Coastal Indian Motorcycle in South Carolina) service department is very helpful with questions like this. They have done a few projects with Scouts using Bobber parts too.
I haven’t hit my leg on the key, but heard of others that have. I have the squared off plastic key

1 - 5 of 5 Posts