Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing the stock foot pegs.
Let's see what you have and tell me why you love them!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
104 Posts
Joker Machine Serrated Heel Pegs
Kuryakyn Thresher Shift Peg
Kuryakyn Spear Brake Pedal
1000% better than stock setup
Better balance and weight distribution at stops and riding, ease of finding the “Oh Sh*t” pedal, solid contact during shifts. IMO the perfect setup. Match the serrations with the sole lugs of a Milwaukee Leather Boot and you’ll never slip!
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
151 Posts
Kuryakyn Kinetic mini floorboards! Several friends recommended floorboards so my hips wouldn't hurt, and man they were right! I didn't want full-sized floorboards - I didn't think they'd look right on my Scout Bobber. These are 4"x5", fully adjustable, (three mount positions, and spline adapters so you can tilt however you like) super easy to install, and so very comfortable.

BTW, when you go to remove those stock pegs: patience, vise grips, and a very small wire cutter are key. Also, a magnifying glass (I used the magnifier app on my phone). The pins are held on by a fine-gauge spiral spring in the groove at the bottom. It's not reusable, and anything you are buying likely comes with spring clips (why Indian didn't just use those, I cannot fathom) Find the end of the spring wire, rotate it to top. Then use vise grips around the pin, to hold the spring from spinning. Then use tiny wire cutters to grab and pull the end of the spring (some folks say use a pick to lift it; I tried that, no luck, and ruined a decent pair of tweezers) I got the wire pulled up and snipped, and then it was easy to grab the rest with needlenose pliers and pull it off.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
104 Posts
Oh, and the blacked out Shift Rod, shrink wrap tube over rounds of electrical tape! Take that Indian and your $115 billet rod.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better balance and weight distribution at stops and riding, ease of finding the “Oh Sh*t” pedal, solid contact during shifts. IMO the perfect setup. Match the serrations with the sole lugs of a Milwaukee Leather Boot and you’ll never slip!
View attachment 648174
View attachment 648175
View attachment 648176
Never seen those but they look pretty good and I like the mini floorboards! Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kuryakyn Kinetic mini floorboards! Several friends recommended floorboards so my hips wouldn't hurt, and man they were right! I didn't want full-sized floorboards - I didn't think they'd look right on my Scout Bobber. These are 4"x5", fully adjustable, (three mount positions, and spline adapters so you can tilt however you like) super easy to install, and so very comfortable.

BTW, when you go to remove those stock pegs: patience, vise grips, and a very small wire cutter are key. Also, a magnifying glass (I used the magnifier app on my phone). The pins are held on by a fine-gauge spiral spring in the groove at the bottom. It's not reusable, and anything you are buying likely comes with spring clips (why Indian didn't just use those, I cannot fathom) Find the end of the spring wire, rotate it to top. Then use vise grips around the pin, to hold the spring from spinning. Then use tiny wire cutters to grab and pull the end of the spring (some folks say use a pick to lift it; I tried that, no luck, and ruined a decent pair of tweezers) I got the wire pulled up and snipped, and then it was easy to grab the rest with needlenose pliers and pull it off.
View attachment 648173
Appreciate it man! I've never changed pegs on my bikes before and I'm glad you chimed in. Great info! Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Appreciate it man! I've never changed pegs on my bikes before and I'm glad you chimed in. Great info! Thanks
start sober, but have a beer on ice to congratulate yourself when you get those damn things off! :ROFLMAO:

·
Bronze member
1,114 Posts
View attachment 648174
View attachment 648175
View attachment 648176
Serrated pegs fit the Bobber perfectly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Never underestimate the power of a Dremel!
Those clips never stood a chance…
I'd read accounts of folks resorting to that - I had mine at the ready! Thought I'd try the gentle, patient, zen approach first - mainly because I wouldn't want to slip with the dremel and f*** something up ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I started with a couple shots of reposado on a Saturday afternoon... probably took me longer than it should have, but I got it done, and had my self-congratulatory beer chaser! (it'll probably be faster if you start sober, but YMMV!)

·
Bronze member
1,114 Posts
I started with a couple shots of reposado on a Saturday afternoon... probably took me longer than it should have, but I got it done, and had my self-congratulatory beer chaser! (it'll probably be faster if you start sober, but YMMV!)
Now that’s the way to do it. I’m liking Herradura these days.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm trying to convince the wife that "Floorboards" on her bobber wouldn't look bad at all.... so any of you have them, please post up some pictures. I'm all about improving her comfort level on that bike. She is more comfortable = I don't have to stop that often so she can stretch out! Purely selfish reasons, I know. lol

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
104 Posts
No offence to the floorboard folks but didn’t fit the aggressive industrial look I wanted, hence the serrated heel pegs. Either way a footrest is way better than a foot peg

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm trying to convince the wife that "Floorboards" on her bobber wouldn't look bad at all.... so any of you have them, please post up some pictures. I'm all about improving her comfort level on that bike. She is more comfortable = I don't have to stop that often so she can stretch out! Purely selfish reasons, I know. lol
I also had concerns about how they would look - and I completely understand @BadazzBobber60 's desire for the overall "aggressive industrial" aesthetic. So floorboards obviously are not for everyone! I decided to compromise between fashion and function :) I am pleased with the look of the minis on my bobber, but would never choose boards solely for looks. I am so freakin' happy with the comfort, though, it is definitely worth the compromise for me! I haven't had a single issue with my hips since I installed them. And not being distracted by hip pain lets me pay more attention to the more important aspects of riding. As you can see in these photos, the mini boards I chose are narrower than the stock peg length. I have mine installed using the front-most of the three mount options. I initially tried the middle, but with my size 9-1/2 riding boots, the front worked better for me. And you can tilt them to any angle you like. They are super easy to install and adjust (after you get the stock pegs off, as I described previously!) Pair of snap ring pliers to put the adapters on with your original pins; after that, just the standard 6mm hex to bolt the board to the adapter.
Tire Vehicle Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Mirror Windscreen wiper
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

And, if she decides she doesn't like them, you can have the pegs back on in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
613 Posts
What "mini" floorboards are those? Thanks for the pics.

I also had concerns about how they would look - and I completely understand @BadazzBobber60 's desire for the overall "aggressive industrial" aesthetic. So floorboards obviously are not for everyone! I decided to compromise between fashion and function :) I am pleased with the look of the minis on my bobber, but would never choose boards solely for looks.
And, if she decides she doesn't like them, you can have the pegs back on in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
Scout Bobber 2019
215 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts