Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the scout bobber fb group. I cannot find it anywhere, apparently Indian released a comfort seat for the bobber?

How is a dealer selling an Indian product that doesn't exist on their site?

Has anyone else heard about this?

Ps. Sorry for stealing the pics, just looking for info.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forget the dealer seat, get a Corbin Seat. Well worth the money. You can also get it in a variety of colors and patterns. When I rode with the stock seat my back would hurt & I would slide off the seat giving the bike some torque. Now, I never even realize it was an issue to begin with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forget the dealer seat, get a Corbin Seat. Well worth the money. You can also get it in a variety of colors and patterns. When I rode with the stock seat my back would hurt & I would slide off the seat giving the bike some torque. Now, I never even realize it was an issue to begin with...

I had problems also so i got a corbin. Just wondering if this has better lines, while the corbin is super comfy i dont really love the way it pushed me up and forward.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had problems also so i got a corbin. Just wondering if this has better lines, while the corbin is super comfy i dont really love the way it pushed me up and forward.
I like the Mustang I put on my Bobber. While I am a big fan of Corbin for situations where Mustang doesn't have a solution, I personally have not seen a difference in quality or comfort to justify the higher price. Also, that Indian comfort seat looks drastically better than the stock piece of plywood

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think dealers are getting the first runs of these before they get put on their site. I also saw Scout performance floorboards there for $309 which I cant find on the site. I saw one on a bobber at my local dealer. It was an overall improvement on the stock seat. For $250 I'll give it try. I'm picking mine up later in the week and can update when I get it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
And temporarily out of stock. I don't know how it compares to the Scout extended seat but I must say that one is very comfortable. Mine came with the stock tiny and very uncomfortable seat. The original owner had the extended seat new in a box and I immediately mounted it. It cannot be used with the Indian backrest though because it is about a longer seat and the bracket doesn't reach the fender mount.

I've had Corbins, Mustangs and a Rick Mayer seat and I believe Indian extended seat to be comparable. One thing about the Indian seats is that they are leather and that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Why forget about the new dealer seat? there's practically no reviews on it yet outside of Bearded bobber on youtube saying it actually has a more cushion feel than the corbin does AND for less money at $250. That initially sounds like a win for a lot of people including myself, and props to Indian for not making it $350+!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why forget about the new dealer seat? there's practically no reviews on it yet outside of Bearded bobber on youtube saying it actually has a more cushion feel than the corbin does AND for less money at $250. That initially sounds like a win for a lot of people including myself, and props to Indian for not making it $350+!
So I picked up the seat on Friday and have put probably 150 miles on it over the weekend. Aside from the first day when I rode the bike 30 miles to the dealer on the shitty part of I-95 I haven't had an issue. The seating position is a little different (a little higher and more forward) but once I got used to it I have 0 complaints. I was looking at a Corbin but for the way the Indian seat looks and feels it was worth the money.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm behind on Bearded Bobber's videos, so I haven't seen his review, but I know his primary complaint about the Corbin Solo is the same as mine.

I would have assumed that paying $600 for a top of the line seat, and ordering it without the optional backrest, that the seat would not have come with the backrest mounting hardware preinstalled.

While the Corbin is light years more comfortable than the stock seat, having a barely cushioned bracket riding against your tailbone is not something I expected.

I'm sure it can probably be special ordered without that hardware installed, but how is one supposed to know to even request that?

·
Registered
493 Posts
looks like that comfort seat should just replace the stock seat and be better for all. I know Indian will expect everyone to buy one and make them more money, but it seems stupid to provide the Bobber with such a bad seat. Save everyone the head and arse ache and just install the comfort on new model Bobbers. Just think Indian, imagine if you sold a comfort seat for the Scout since it came out. How many hundreds would have been bought instead of custom upholstery jobs, Corbins, Mustangs etc. They missed out on those dollars that is for sure

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm behind on Bearded Bobber's videos, so I haven't seen his review, but I know his primary complaint about the Corbin Solo is the same as mine.

I would have assumed that paying $600 for a top of the line seat, and ordering it without the optional backrest, that the seat would not have come with the backrest mounting hardware preinstalled.

While the Corbin is light years more comfortable than the stock seat, having a barely cushioned bracket riding against your tailbone is not something I expected.

I'm sure it can probably be special ordered without that hardware installed, but how is one supposed to know to even request that?
When I ordered mine I asked if I could get it without the backrest hardware, they said sure (but then kind of talked me out of it, so I left it in). Surprisingly, I have never once even noticed it on my tailbone. Until I just read your comment, I had forgotten that some had issue with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We will not be getting the comfort seats in Australia until the end of Oct or start of Nov.
I have asked the dealer to put my name on one.
We can get Corbin seats, but from what i have heard, its not all that straight forward.

Im also very happy that the Indian seat is cheaper than a corbin, and wont change the look of my bike significantly.
I like the stock seats looks, just gets a bit uncomfortable on the long rides.
Problems solved.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto on the factory seat price and looks, usually holds value better. Got mine today and it is wider and softer. Don't want to spend 600 bones for a seat. If anyone is interested in the original seat let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Indian should incorporate a little more attention to detail, all but one of the pictures on their website for the new "comfort seat" are of the old model lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked this seat up as soon as I heard about it and my dealership had 1 in stock, I like it more than the stock seat but Im still breaking it in after 100~ miles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Could you post a pic from the side to show the contour. I have the extended Scout seat and while it's comfortable, it has kind of a "bucket" contour. I'd like a flatter seat.

Scout2.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts