Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made custom frame cover and under fender mounts for strip leds. they are 3d printed and I think I'm going to try to sell kits. fronts are also led strips wrapped the shock tube. Fronts are easy direct replacement, used a zip tie on the tube then glued the strip to the zip tie. the wiring for the rears gets complicated and drove me crazy trying to keep full use for running, brake and turns. The only thing that will work on the bobber tail lights is the Joker Machine signal intensifier converter and 2 stage LED strips. my lights flash red when using the turn signal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am just about to do the same thing and after a lot of looking have settled on the following.

On the back I'm doing the following, they are super small and super bright. Plus I like these because they are secondary brake lights too for better visibility.

Kuryakyn by Kellermann Atto Satin Black Turn Signal with Red/Red/Amber Turn Signal

When I say small, this small.

For the front im going the following. They also are white light so you can be seen better at night.

Custom Dynamics 41mm Black Fork Tube Turn Signals

They make the Kellermann Auto for the front too but not with the white light, just the yellow indicator.

I want a sleek minimalist look to mine and these seem to fit the bill.

You will have to show us what you decide on.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can highly recommend these:
My brother and I have worked on several project bikes and we keep coming back to these - they are really well made, road legal (Europe/UK) and small enough to "disappear" but not too tiny! They aren't stupid expensive either....
is there a US version? I like these.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can highly recommend these:
My brother and I have worked on several project bikes and we keep coming back to these - they are really well made, road legal (Europe/UK) and small enough to "disappear" but not too tiny! They aren't stupid expensive either....
I assume I would have to get a brake light as well, right?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi all,

I am interested in getting some sleeker turn signals for my bobber and was curious what others have done. Any recommendations for front and rear replacements? Any pics of what you have done?
I made custom frame cover and under fender mounts for strip leds. they are 3d printed and I think I'm going to try to sell kits. fronts are also led strips wrapped the shock tube. Fronts are easy direct replacement, used a zip tie on the tube then glued the strip to the zip tie. the wiring for the rears gets complicated and drove me crazy trying to keep full use for running, brake and turns. The only thing that will work on the bobber tail lights is the Joker Machine signal intensifier converter and 2 stage LED strips. my lights flash red when using the turn signal. View attachment 596658
Yeah I was looking to do pretty much exactly what you did with strips for turn brake and running lights. I wouldn't want to modify anything on the bike though. Just get some covers machined to cover up the stock rear turn signal locations. What did you end up doing for your wiring then?

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made custom frame cover and under fender mounts for strip leds. they are 3d printed and I think I'm going to try to sell kits. fronts are also led strips wrapped the shock tube. Fronts are easy direct replacement, used a zip tie on the tube then glued the strip to the zip tie. the wiring for the rears gets complicated and drove me crazy trying to keep full use for running, brake and turns. The only thing that will work on the bobber tail lights is the Joker Machine signal intensifier converter and 2 stage LED strips. my lights flash red when using the turn signal. View attachment 596658
I would love to get this on my bike!
Would you be willing to make a video? So, i can do this

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would love to get this on my bike!
Would you be willing to make a video? So, i can do this
Im may be able to do it in the future, since it will require me to take it back apart to make a video. but it was pretty simple with the right parts. there is another video online showing how to wire the tail lights with the Joker Machine signal intensifiers. from there its just picking out the LED strip light and finding a place to mount it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im may be able to do it in the future, since it will require me to take it back apart to make a video. but it was pretty simple with the right parts. there is another video online showing how to wire the tail lights with the Joker Machine signal intensifiers. from there its just picking out the LED strip light and finding a place to mount it.
Ok, I meant more for the custom piece you made for the LED strip.
I love the look and just can't figure out the attachment. If you decide to sell your 3d printed piece - let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wanna do these!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wanna do these!!!!
send me a message of what parts you want printed, for cost of material and shipping ill print them and send them your way. For the look I have, I printed the LED mount under the fender and the rear fender covers on both sides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
send me a message of what parts you want printed, for cost of material and shipping ill print them and send them your way. For the look I have, I printed the LED mount under the fender and the rear fender covers on both sides.
Can you share the STL file to print it at home?

Uli

·
Registered
Scout Bobber 2019
178 Posts
Hi I’ve got the kellerman lights fitted to my Bobber

The front ones mount on the clutch & front brake pivot bolts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much do you charge I am very interested

1 - 20 of 26 Posts