Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From stock to hot rod! From day one we knew this Indian scout had major potential and boy does it fly now. With a 40HP and 31TQ gain on a bike that weighs just over 550lbs it’s a rocket.

1/4 mile time... 10.28 at 130MPH

Currently done to the bike...
Revolution Performance 79ci Big Bore
Andrews Products 450 Camshafts
Bassani Xhaust 2-1 System
S&S Cycle, Inc. Air Cleaner
Rekluse Motor Sports Tq Drive Clutch
Dynojet Research Inc. PVCX PC5 Quick Shifter
Super Shox Motorcycle Shocks
Drag Specialties Seats Seat
Tri R Distributing Spectro Performance Oils Fluids
Elkhart Indian Motorcycle
Law Tigers Chicagoland

Everything done to the scout is available or will be available to the public shortly.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us and this awesome motorcycle!

·
Registered
238 Posts
AWESOME. Now those are some gains! Was starting to worry people were getting complacent with the power on this bike!

Having said that, do you think there's more room to tube that setup? I'm seeing this and wondering if 138hp could actually be achievable or if this was a copy paste error? Cam’s FINALLY

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AWESOME. Now those are some gains! Was starting to worry people were getting complacent with the power on this bike!

Having said that, do you think there's more room to tube that setup? I'm seeing this and wondering if 138hp could actually be achievable or if this was a copy paste error? Cam’s FINALLY
Error or miss print

·
Bronze member
3,031 Posts
WOW ! ( not the gains, the curves !)

Let's do a deep dive:

ROLLIE_002.drf is a "2015 bone stock Scout"

The enhanced power curves are practically EXACTLY the same shape as the stock curves - just moved to the right by 1500 rpms !

How is that possible ? Tuning ? Cams ? The airflow enhancements ( S&S and 2-1) apparently simply bring "breathing parity" between the stock Scout and the BB iteration, allowing the BB to breath as easily as the stock scout does.

Could it be that the Andrews 450 cams are required to maintain a stock curve shape ? Or could the "BB only" create stock-like elevated curves as well ?

Point being, elevating the stock power curves is expected from a BB kit + appropriate breathing complements. Adding a performance cam is suppose to reshape the power curves in a superior way - IMO, the chart indicates the Andrews 450's do just opposite by maintaining a stock curve shape (good ?), but moves it higher in the RPM band (BAD !).

The BB run starts 1000 rpm higher than the stock bike - which is 1000 rpm worth of BB data we don't have.

@VALLEYRACING , is it possible to post the afr charts for both runs ? This will significantly add to our knowledge of how to extract power from the Scout without revealing any of your "secrets"..

·
Bronze member
3,031 Posts
Also, @VALLEYRACING , what measures did you take to defeat or "quiet" the power killing CP (Component Protection) programming in the ECU ?

·
Bronze member
3,031 Posts
The 6500-7200 rpm area indicates some "issue" is at play. With smoothing (for the chart) on max (5), this area must look "crazy" with smoothing reduced.. Any ideas about this ? Was the ECM trying to pull out timing ?

·
Rider
752 Posts
I literally called earlier this week about the cam’s and the lady said there still not quite released and still don’t have a price (even tho they don’t sell direct she said she could still give me a ball park price until I asked for the Indian ones) 😢 and it’s been like that forever now ever since they were announced on social. But seeing your post gives me hope again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I literally called earlier this week about the cam’s and the lady said there still not quite released and still don’t have a price (even tho they don’t sell direct she said she could still give me a ball park price until I asked for the Indian ones) 😢 and it’s been like that forever now ever since they were announced on social. But seeing your post gives me hope again.
We are literally one of two shops I know of that have prototypes. The 420s Were a great Bolt in with the revolution big bore kit. The 450s were held up because valve springs were definitely required. Patients they are getting very close with a release .🤞

1 - 20 of 51 Posts