Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i pick up my 2020 indian scout today! i was wondering if anyone knew if whether or not the speedo from the scout bobber would be plug and play with the scout. if not, any recommendations for a blacked out speedo?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Totally with you on IMHO the black guages are so much easier to read at night vs the amber one on the regular scout - it always looks blurry to my eyes at night

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally with you on IMHO the black guages are so much easier to read at night vs the amber one on the regular scout - it always looks blurry to my eyes at night
Yeah someone already let me know it's a direct swap and plug and play. I just want to follow my bikes black and white theme, the contrast does help. I ordered the speedo today, I'll keep u posted

·
Registered
2020 Scout 60 ABS, Thunder Black
209 Posts
I think that looks terrific! I am surprised milage zeros out. I thought that would have been a metric stored in the computer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that looks terrific! I am surprised milage zeros out. I thought that would have been a metric stored in the computer.
Yeah, the bike is still new so I'm not worried about it too much. I don't have any intention of letting her go, so hopefully it doesn't prove to be a problem in the future.

·
Registered
264 Posts
question: is there a way to get some sort of fuel gauge on the bobber?
No there is no sender the tank to read the fuel level. The 2021 Scouts/bobber were supposed to have miles to empty, as well as average mpg, but a few on here have commented that it’s not there even though the feature is listed in the manual. I’m not surprised the feature isn’t there, as it would require a different fuel pump sender unit, and the parts diagram shows it take the same parts as previous years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts