Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory forum is dead, so I decided to post my question here.

From what i know so far, Scout and Octane exhaust is interchangeable. What I want to know about is the rear/front fenders and shocks, wheels, seats, levers, and handle bars. I just want to have a better idea of what I can purchase under scout aftermarket parts, mainly cosmetic parts.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Victory forum is dead, so I decided to post my question here.

From what i know so far, Scout and Octane exhaust is interchangeable. What I want to know about is the rear/front fenders and shocks, wheels, seats, levers, and handle bars. I just want to have a better idea of what I can purchase under scout aftermarket parts, mainly cosmetic parts.

Thanks for your time.
I work for a victory dealer and personally own an Indian Scout, so far i know that air filter, oil filter, seats,footpegs, handlebars, lightning parts are all compatible. Parts numbers might change or be superseeded to other numbers but they are the same parts. I personally bought passanger foorpegs for an octane and installed on my Scout and even the peg rubber is the same design as the front peg, and there are no victory logos on it...hope this helps...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw an Octane 2 into 1 exhaust and was wondering if it would fit the scout. Anyone tried this? Octane parts are on sale at my Victory store and this looked like an inexpensive alternative to a Bassani 2 in 1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Octane and indian exhaust systems are the same. Just different paint/chrome finish. Gaskets, bolts, foot pegs are the same. Grips, handlebars, seats.
The only difference i see between octane and scout is the ccs. Pistons and other engine parts. The part numbers for exhaust gaskets for Octane and Scout are the same part #. So if you see an octane exhausts that you like, it will fit the scout. Just make sure you put a fuel controller to avoid problems. Regardless you use an exhaust system for Scout or octane tyoupu need to install a fuel controller and reflash the computer.

·
Bronze member
4,359 Posts
I saw an Octane 2 into 1 exhaust and was wondering if it would fit the scout. Anyone tried this? Octane parts are on sale at my Victory store and this looked like an inexpensive alternative to a Bassani 2 in 1.
The Octane reviews said that Octane and Scout shared only 35% of parts. However, if it bolts to the frame or the motor my guess is that they are interchangeable. If it bolts onto a unique Scout/Octane part they are less likely to be interchangeable.

The Octane exhaust will probably be a lot heavier than the Bassani and have a different sound so it might be worth checking if those things are important to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Correct. Just fyi. My microfiche shows Octane Bassani totally compatible to Scout. Same exhaust. Trask and Freedom Performance. Also compatible. And yes polaris parts like gaskets filters bolts. Are all the same for octane and scout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts