Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to finally get most of my accessories this week. Installed, now waiting on some warmer weather (in the 50s tomorrow)

Shot a video 1) because I have an awesome Scout (and you probably do also) and 2) maybe someone out there looking wants to see what is available OEM wise

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Looks good DT, thanks for posting the video. The saddlebags look really good.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Glad to finally get most of my accessories this week. Installed, now waiting on some warmer weather (in the 50s tomorrow)

Shot a video 1) because I have an awesome Scout (and you probably do also) and 2) maybe someone out there looking wants to see what is available OEM wise

Sweet is right.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
You mentioned and showed in your video that "these" were the parts that came with the bags.

Did you mean to say that the spools for the bags came with the bags or that you had ordered them separately for the bags?

I just picked up some parts for my bike today and the rather large spools were sold to me as a needed "extra" part to install the bags and did not come with the bags! :confused::confused:

If they do come with the bags, I'm going back to the dealer and return my $200.00 "extra" hangers!

Great video!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mentioned and showed in your video that "these" were the parts that came with the bags.

Did you mean to say that the spools for the bags came with the bags or that you had ordered them separately for the bags?

I just picked up some parts for my bike today and the rather large spools were sold to me as a needed "extra" part to install the bags and did not come with the bags! :confused::confused:

If they do come with the bags, I'm going back to the dealer and return my $200.00 "extra" hangers!

Great video!
Nope, you need to buy the spools also so keep them. Dont know if you got any installation guide for the bags, if not, see post in Saddlebag installation thread for PDF.

·
10,006 Posts
Nope, you need to buy the spools also so keep them. Dont know if you got any installation guide for the bags, if not, see post in Saddlebag installation thread for PDF.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, and also thanks for the PDF, I downloaded it yesterday... juuuust in case! LOL!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts

Great video!
Scout spools are # 2880627 and list for $150.00 Chief Classic spools are # 2879740 Make sure you got the correct ones !!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Nice seeing all these accessory threads while still waiting on mine .. :)

·
10,006 Posts
Scout spools are # 2880627 and list for $150.00 Chief Classic spools are # 2879740 Make sure you got the correct ones !!

Thanks Troop I will definitely check on the part number today when I go to the shed where I put the parts.

·
10,006 Posts
Just checked on it Troop, I do have the right ones!
goofysmiley.gif

Stranger things have happened... I got the right ones! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm curious to know, how quick and easy it is to put on/take off the pillion seat and the backrest?

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is one good looking scout! Clearly you must have just unwrapped it because I see the bow is still on the ground. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello,

sorry to ask again about the pillion seat, also to install and remove it, do I have to remove the driver seat also ?

My plan is to drive my Scout 95% with the the single seat but install it to have my wife join me, and I just try to figure out how much work this would be!

Thank you for your help.

regards

Danny

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is one good looking scout! Clearly you must have just unwrapped it because I see the bow is still on the ground. :)
Picked it up December 18th and too cold to ride and as far as the bow, still cleaning garbage up after the holidays..lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello,

sorry to ask again about the pillion seat, also to install and remove it, do I have to remove the driver seat also ?

My plan is to drive my Scout 95% with the the single seat but install it to have my wife join me, and I just try to figure out how much work this would be!

Thank you for your help.

regards

Danny
Not totally hard. You have to pop off the seat and unbolt back rest of you have one installed to install and remove the pillion! What's a few bolts for the wifes happiness and at the end of the evening YOURS!

·
Registered
92 Posts

DTyndale, like the saddlebags! Could you give me the inner dimensions of the saddlebags? See if my laptop and other stuf fits in.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts