Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for my bike to be serviced today, I compared the black vinyl saddle of the Scout 60 with the brown leather saddle of the 69, and noticed that the seam is a lot smoother on the 60's vinyl saddle, presumably because the leather makes it thicker on the 69. I've always been puzzled that riders of the 69 wonder whether or not the seam on the saddle makes it uncomfortable, because I'm never aware of the seam on my 60.

Does anyone on the vinyl saddle have a problem with the seam, or is it only those on the leather version?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
While waiting for my bike to be serviced today, I compared the black vinyl saddle of the Scout 60 with the brown leather saddle of the 69, and noticed that the seam is a lot smoother on the 60's vinyl saddle, presumably because the leather makes it thicker on the 69. I've always been puzzled that riders of the 69 wonder whether or not the seam on the saddle makes it uncomfortable, because I'm never aware of the seam on my 60.

Does anyone on the vinyl saddle have a problem with the seam, or is it only those on the leather version?
I quit having a problem with the seam on the OEM seat the minute that I put the Corbin Brave seat on!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only problem withthe leather saddle is the colour - espec when you have a smoke black Scout.....

Vynil seat on the Sixty! I thought it was black leather - my bad.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I really don't mind the seat. Still plan on changing to a Corbin in time. Doing a three hour ride tomorrow to show the bike off to my dad, so that will be the real test. But I've done 100+ miles straight with no complaints.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did 250 miles one day to get to my first 500 so that I could get the initial service done befoe I came back out here.

Super comfortable on country roads and what we call A roads.

Just looks odd having a tan seat on a matte/satin black bike.

As for the Corbin - not my cup of tea thanks. Each to their own.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I did 360 miles yesterday and my but was killing me after about 100.
A new seat just moved way up on my to do list.
And I ripped my jacket, so time to buy a winter jacket [greedy]

·
Registered
313 Posts
The seat seam makes it uncomfortable? Those 69 riders are very sensitive guys and if they say the seat seam is an issue then Indian has got it wrong. I know a lot of em find the clutch a bit hard as well, personally I would like power steering and air con for those hot days, and something to stop all that wind hitting me all the time would be nice, hang on I might just buy a car its got all that, with a big trunk to put all my makeup and dresses in. Toughen up girls.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I took a turn down a road I have not traveled much yesterday, and it was typical shitty, bumpy, and dirty. My ass and lower back hurt from just that stretch of road. I bet the Scout hurt a bit too.

But this is not the Scout's fault, she takes no blame. My poor choice and the city of Houston's shitty maintenance are to blame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really the seat for me on my sixty is my only complaint. Not that it's uncomfortable but that it's vinyl. In hot, humid weather it doesn't breath much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use a 5/8 inch thick medical gel pad (Blue Diamond brand) and on top of that a genuine sheepskin pad and it makes my stock seat on my Scout 60 much more comfy...Only saying.
Bob in North Carolina

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I have a Corbin Brave seat and a sheepskin.... works for me!

·
Rider
313 Posts
I ordered a Corbin Classic Solo seat about 2 weeks ago. Still waiting on it. The 60 OEM saddle is not bad for around town and maybe a long way on pristine highway.
But earlier this year I did a veterans ride sponsored by our local imrg and halfway through the 80 mile ride I was in agony. Next summer I plan on going to Michigan from Virginia and after the new seat at least the very least new fork springs are on my agenda.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
I use a 5/8 inch thick medical gel pad (Blue Diamond brand) and on top of that a genuine sheepskin pad and it makes my stock seat on my Scout 60 much more comfy...Only saying.
Bob in North Carolina
I'm thinking I'd like to take my seat to an upholsterer and have them replace the foam with a gel foam. That way the seat looks the same, just more comfortable...

·
Silver member
3,526 Posts
We have a Corbin Classic Solo seat for sale. Made all the difference in the world but daughter traded up to the Chieftain Darkhorse. See my thread in the for sale forum.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm thinking I'd like to take my seat to an upholsterer and have them replace the foam with a gel foam. That way the seat looks the same, just more comfortable...
For me, the Scout seat is OK but could be better. So, I'm also wondering about some gel inserts, but am waiting on getting the footboards sorted to see if that affects the leg angle and therefore the comfort and what specific alterations would be best.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My ass was on fire after 75 to 80 miles on a semi rough country road. May put on the factory tractor seat. It's wider and flatter so it doesn't lock you into one spot without any wiggle room. At least I hope its better. We shall see.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts