Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my 500 mile service today I had my TomTom Rider 400 wired in to come on and off with the ignition. At first the dealer could not find an accessory wire and so was going to wire it straight to the battery, which TomTom don't recommend. But then I showed him a post by Commander Cody on the regular Scout forum in a thread: Controlling Accessories Power By Key. This enabled him to find the wire for accessories and wire in the TomTom. I wasn't sure the wire would be on the UK Scout 60, so I'm relieved and pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
246 Posts
With this and the tyre fiasco it makes me wonder if your dealer had sufficient training from Polaris before being let loose on the public. In fact, the tyre thing makes me wonder if he'd had any training on any type of bike.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With this and the tyre fiasco it makes me wonder if your dealer had sufficient training from Polaris before being let loose on the public. In fact, the tyre thing makes me wonder if he'd had any training on any type of bike.
It's hard to disagree, and yet at least the TomTom is now working as it should. I get the impression that the young junior mechanic is actually very good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At my 500 mile service today I had my TomTom Rider 400 wired in to come on and off with the ignition. At first the dealer could not find an accessory wire and so was going to wire it straight to the battery, which TomTom don't recommend. But then I showed him a post by Commander Cody on the regular Scout forum in a thread: Controlling Accessories Power By Key. This enabled him to find the wire for accessories and wire in the TomTom. I wasn't sure the wire would be on the UK Scout 60, so I'm relieved and pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a scout and I am trying to do the same thing myself. Do you know what wire he found and can you point it to me somehow? It would be much appreciated!
Mike

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After reviewing provided wiring schematic of the Scout system, I found that there is a aux powered connector in the wiring harness. After tracing the brown/pink wire (aux power) from the ignition switch, I found the aux power connector taped to the wiring harness loom about 4 inches from the fuse/relay box under the seat. The connector (female spade) has black shrink tubing on it and just needs a sharp knife to trim the excess off for use... You have to remember that the Scout uses a CANbus wiring system and this is the ONLY wire that is not incorporated in the CANbus ECU wiring that can provide you with 12V power for accessories when the key is in the ignition on or auxiliary position.
The fuse/relay box, under the seat, only has one bundled wiring harness loom coming out of it running towards the rear and then towards the right side just in front of the rear fender. About five inches down this wiring loom, there is a single wire (brown w/pink stripe) that has a female spade connector (w/shrink tubing covering it) that is taped to the underside of the loom. That is what you're looking for your accessory power.... DO NOT cut and splice into ANY of the factory wiring harness. You could easily damage the ECU module. Then you're going nowhere but the dealer to get it fixed.
Thank you so much! It was taped on the underside of the wiring loom, just as you said. I didn't even need to take off the fuse box! I could see the black tape on the wiring loom as soon as I took off the seat. I unwrapped the tape, and there was the auxiliary wire! You are MOST awesome!!!!
View attachment 39029
These are the posts I gave to my dealer to use in wiring in my TomTom. Hope they help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. GREAT help and very much appreciated!!! Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Excellent post! Thanks for that photo MARGATROID and for all those riders above that compiled this into a single post. Wow, this makes that task of add-ons so much easier.

Reactions: Graham UK
1 - 9 of 9 Posts