Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a chance to ride a bike with the 2020 two up seat? I like the look of the two up seat but it looks a little slimmer than the 2019 solo seat. If you have had a chance to ride a bike with both seats I’m curious what your opinion is on comfort or if it changes the riding position any.
Thanks,

·
Registered
160 Posts
I started off with the sport seat and have since switched to the solo seat. The riding position is definitely noticeably different between the two. Although I didn't dislike the sport seat I do find the solo seat much more to my liking. You sit up and forward a bit which to me feels more comfortable. I do have drag bars on my scout versus the standard scout swept back bars. Now comfort wise I find the solo seat much better for the long haul. I would definitely need a break after about an hour in the sport seat. I can generally go a couple of hours on the solo and then hop right back on after a fuel stop with no hesitation. I generally ride solo but I did just buy a used pillion for the occasional bar hopping with the wife. I do like the look of the solo more than the sport seat. I get compliments at least once a week on the look of the bike. Enjoy!

EB776360-CA02-435D-AC16-5B4E68BD298D.jpg IMG_7615.JPG IMG_0068.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started off with the sport seat and have since switched to the solo seat. The riding position is definitely noticeably different between the two. Although I didn't dislike the sport seat I do find the solo seat much more to my liking. You sit up and forward a bit which to me feels more comfortable. I do have drag bars on my scout versus the standard scout swept back bars. Now comfort wise I find the solo seat much better for the long haul. I would definitely need a break after about an hour in the sport seat. I can generally go a couple of hours on the solo and then hop right back on after a fuel stop with no hesitation. I generally ride solo but I did just buy a used pillion for the occasional bar hopping with the wife. I do like the look of the solo more than the sport seat. I get compliments at least once a week on the look of the bike. Enjoy!

View attachment 592316 View attachment 592317 View attachment 592318
Thanks for the reply. Looks good, I have been trying to decide if I want to stick with the brown seat or switch to black when the time comes. I was leaning towards the brown seat but you have made that decision more dificult LOL. I see you are in Charlotte, I'm in Concord I'll keep my eye open for your bike, it shouldnt be too hard to spot. looks good !

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
If you could possibly pinpoint what is truly problematic about your solo seat, an experienced upholsterer could in fact modify your current seat to fit your needs.

On many of my older bikes and now my Scout, I've had my seats reshaped and reupholstered to make unique and comfortable seating. Sargent Seats of Jacksonville FLA has a great reputation for the reupholstered seats. That's because they ask that you take pictures of you on the seat, want your weight, length of average ride time, and where the pressure points are. They give you style options as well as foam type, gel inserts, colors, and choice of vinyl or leather.

I have recently used a local upholstery shop that specializes in custom cars and boats in my area and they seem to always give me a super price and a 24 hr.turnaround time.

Some on this forum have also used the services of "Dime City Cycles" to make their seats comfortable for extended usage. DCC services are very reasonable as their prices are available on their website.

You could check out the websites of Russel or Mayer "Daylong" seats.

Or you could just purchase a Corbin, Mustang, or Saddleman seat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you could possibly pinpoint what is truly problematic about your solo seat, an experienced upholsterer could in fact modify your current seat to fit your needs.

On many of my older bikes and now my Scout, I've had my seats reshaped and reupholstered to make unique and comfortable seating. Sargent Seats of Jacksonville FLA has a great reputation for the reupholstered seats. That's because they ask that you take pictures of you on the seat, want your weight, length of average ride time, and where the pressure points are. They give you style options as well as foam type, gel inserts, colors, and choice of vinyl or leather.

I have recently used a local upholstery shop that specializes in custom cars and boats in my area and they seem to always give me a super price and a 24 hr.turnaround time.

Some on this forum have also used the services of "Dime City Cycles" to make their seats comfortable for extended usage. DCC services are very reasonable as their prices are available on their website.

You could check out the websites of Russel or Mayer "Daylong" seats.

Or you could just purchase a Corbin, Mustang, or Saddleman seat.
No problem with the original seat I just like the look of the sport seat. Just checking opinions on the sport seat to see how it compares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts