Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a couple of Zambini 4 color war bonnets to go on the sky blue and white Chief Vintage. A little pricey, but I think it will be a nice addition.
Zambini.jpg

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Those would match my RM almost perfectly...where did you find them?

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those would match my RM almost perfectly...where did you find them?
Bought this set off of eBay. Only place I was able to find them. He has others available, 2 and 3 color.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Lots of fakes out there. Beware.
So what?

Nothing really special about Zambini other than they got a cease and desist letter from Polaris to stop making them. Which is what drove the price up on the existing ones.

If people make fakes just as good, the more there are, the cheaper they'll get.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
So what?

Nothing really special about Zambini other than they got a cease and desist letter from Polaris to stop making them. Which is what drove the price up on the existing ones.

If people make fakes just as good, the more there are, the cheaper they'll get.
I guess you could look at it that way.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
The Zambini itself is an adorned knockoff of someone else's intellectual property, so the knockoffs of the knockoffs (ie stolen property) are as "legit" as the Zambinis.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I scored a couple of Zambini 4 color war bonnets to go on the sky blue and white Chief Vintage. A little pricey, but I think it will be a nice addition. View attachment 454432
Very nice. i also bought a 4 color set along with the war bonnet fender light, i believe from the same guy on eBay. He is areal nice guy and Indian enthusiast from Texas.you should have received the signed Zambini certificate of authenticity and life time warranty. according to the seller , Zambini can still make them (as he still has the molds ) for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Very nice. i also bought a 4 color set along with the war bonnet fender light, i believe from the same guy on eBay. He is areal nice guy and Indian enthusiast from Texas.you should have received the signed Zambini certificate of authenticity and life time warranty. according to the seller , Zambini can still make them (as he still has the molds ) for warranty purposes.
Zambini cannot still make them. This guy on Ebay from just North of DFW? If so, hes a member on this site.

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, mine came with the certificate of authenticity.

·
Founding member
1,505 Posts
It's funny how these thing just keep popping up. It wasn't like very many people thought of these things like they did of beanie babies. I have an original pair on a 91 Drifter. They look great on there boys. Especially when I consider they're worth almost as much as the bike.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
These are the real deal with the certificate. I can highly recommend this seller. First class Gentleman.

EXTREMELY RARE Zambini Bros Indian Motorcycle Tank Emblems 4 Color | eBay
How can you possibly be sure they are "authentic" if they are not sold directly by the manufacturer? They're painted, cast resin things with a paper certificate. If Zambini got a C&D and agreed to comply, they can't be dumb enough to make and sell more risking the wrath of a multi $ billion corporation. They are listed as new, looks like seller has a few, and probably sold a bunch already.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts