Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Target and found a Sandisk 64 GB flash drive for $13.49. Bought two, brought them home and neither were recognized as a functioning device by my 2017 Chieftain, formatted as exfat. Formatted them again using fat32, now they both work fine for storing and playing music. If you don't know how to format a larger drive using a command prompt in Windows, you can use programs. I used the format program below a few times.

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

SANDISK Cruzer Ultra Flash Drive 64GB 3.0 Black

Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive | SanDisk

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I was at Target and found a Sandisk 64 GB flash drive for $13.49. Bought two, brought them home and neither were recognized as a functioning device by my 2017 Chieftain, formatted as exfat. Formatted them again using fat32, now they both work fine for storing and playing music. If you don't know how to format a larger drive using a command prompt in Windows, you can use programs. I used the format program below a few times.

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

SANDISK Cruzer Ultra Flash Drive 64GB 3.0 Black

Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive | SanDisk
I bet the Apple won't allow me to format and use the Flash Drive. one thing I hate about Apple .

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've known for sometime that you had to have Fat32 formatting.

Thanks for posting. I'm sure many are unaware.
I knew about fat32 also, windows doesn’t give the option by default on a drive that large, option stops at 32gb. Have to do it manually or use another program.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I bet the Apple won't allow me to format and use the Flash Drive. one thing I hate about Apple .
Don't get me started about the proprietary acts of Crapple. They wouldn't exist if it weren't for everyone trying to keep up with their buddies and be cool just like them. Ask 10 people why they own an I-phone and over half will say because such and such said it was the best. None of them can give you a technical reason why they bought it.

I always say, get an I-phone, every 12 year old has one.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Don't get me started about the proprietary acts of Crapple. They wouldn't exist if it weren't for everyone trying to keep up with their buddies and be cool just like them. Ask 10 people why they own an I-phone and over half will say because such and such said it was the best. None of them can give you a technical reason why they bought it.

I have an iPhone because Mom bought an iPhone and I was her technical support department, needed to understand her questions.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts

Here is my reason customer service and back up ,something that a lot of others could learn from.I have had minor issues years after buying their product and they have the service most others don't or won't offer. plus I don't need the technical expertise because they have it for me lol I just love back up service should I need it and in most case if its not free it is so cheap .Maybe that is another reason I like it being a cheap old bugger haha!! Scottish background must play a big part .:rolleyes::(;):):cool:

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I don't know what you are doing with your Apple computer, but my can format a 64GB USB device with DOS FAT file system (FAT 32), see screen shot below
View attachment 487382
I am an Australian so being stupid is part of the game lol plus I can only do small things lol. To be honest I have not tried to upload anything as all my music is on my Apple iPhone xs so that works fine with my Schuberth C4 and SC1 remote . I don't like to complicate things other then hide spending money on my bike from the better half lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts