Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
You are getting Hosed!
Walk away....if they really want your bussiness they will call you back and renegotiate.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Your APR rate is pretty damn high. Did you not qualify for the Indian financing? I'm not trying to embarass you - just asking if they even tried to get you to finance through Indian or they are trying to make money off of you by having you finance through one of "their" companies.

The "options" are they Indian OEM options or some 3rd party aftermarket ones? The "K" code they are using for the options don't tell us much.

Freight charge? Kiss my a$$. The dealership paid to have the bike shipped TO them to sell it. Why should you have to pay the shipping fees???? I refuse to pay freight.

What is the line item for "Total Other Charges"?

This doesn't look too good so far to me...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your APR rate is pretty damn high. Did you not qualify for the Indian financing? I'm not trying to embarass you - just asking if they even tried to get you to finance through Indian or they are trying to make money off of you by having you finance through one of "their" companies.

The "options" are they Indian OEM options or some 3rd party aftermarket ones? The "K" code they are using for the options don't tell us much.

Freight charge? Kiss my a$$. The dealership paid to have the bike shipped TO them to sell it. Why should you have to pay the shipping fees???? I refuse to pay freight.

What is the line item for "Total Other Charges"?

This doesn't look too good so far to me...
thanks for the response.

This guy tried to get me to finance with him or or a bank he works with, I walked anyway.

Worked with another dealer closer to home. I qualified today for 1.99% and got a $500 credit towards accessories for being a vet.
Didn't get the exact bike I wanted but got a 60 thunder black and getting the indian pathfinder LED headlight and their highflow air filter w/free installation

·
Registered
553 Posts
You should have left the Dealer's name in there so anyone else would know better, just my opinion.

·
Rider
1,154 Posts
Geez you all are brutal.
The interest is a bit high, yes but you could get your own loan and should thru a credit union. There is no dealer prep which is good and the shipping is normally born to the customer.
Bought many new bikes and vehicles and that is the norm really.
I bet this other deal you got you are still paying shipping somewhere.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Indian financing for 72 months should be 4.99%, 84 months 5.99%. Scouts have had deals for 1.99% apr, but not for that term. It also depends on your credit score. If you go to a bank, you can get a lower apr and still qualify for rebates through Indian. Most banks will offer 2.99% but will be for no more than 60 months.

Your dealer should work with you on rebates if they are a good dealer. For example, my dealer got me the trade deal plus a rebate. They gave me 10% off accessories. Indian also ran a deal $500 off $2000 or $100 off $500, limit one buyer. My dealer got me both.

While I think you could dicker a little on price I don’t think you’re “getting hosed”. I’m not sure where these other guys are shopping, but the price and terms don’t seem that unreasonable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are correct T-BONE.

I checked my notes, the 1.99 was offered for 36 months. the 3.99 was for 60 months.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Indian financing for 72 months should be 4.99%, 84 months 5.99%. Scouts have had deals for 1.99% apr, but not for that term. It also depends on your credit score. If you go to a bank, you can get a lower apr and still qualify for rebates through Indian. Most banks will offer 2.99% but will be for no more than 60 months.

Your dealer should work with you on rebates if they are a good dealer. For example, my dealer got me the trade deal plus a rebate. They gave me 10% off accessories. Indian also ran a deal $500 off $2000 or $100 off $500, limit one buyer. My dealer got me both.

While I think you could dicker a little on price I don’t think you’re “getting hosed”. I’m not sure where these other guys are shopping, but the price and terms don’t seem that unreasonable.
I’m with you. Seems pretty standard pricing to me. Maybe a little give on the accessories or sale price could help a little.

To the guy buying the bike... Just my two cents but you can get great aftermarket mufflers for way cheaper than what Indian wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@cloudo

Exactly what I decided to do.....getting crusher or VH slip on.

I also decided on a scout 60, im 57, and it seems more conservative to me. I was only able to find locally in thunder black (gloss) was hoping to find a pearl white or something not sure that color is even offered in 2020....just seems everywhere you looks there is a black bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
@cloudo

Exactly what I decided to do.....getting crusher or VH slip on.

I also decided on a scout 60, im 57, and it seems more conservative to me. I was only able to find locally in thunder black (gloss) was hoping to find a pearl white or something not sure that color is even offered in 2020....just seems everywhere you looks there is a black bike.
Did you already buy it? You can order up a different color if you’re not loving black.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts