Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Battery tender makes a harness you can run directly from the battery, so it's always on. I routed mine through the tank wiring tunnel.
You can use a car charger or a USB terminal at that point. It's all available through auto parts stores or at J&P cycle.

For phone charging, I now use a small pad charger mounted to an X ram. I routed the charger cable to the dash pocket cable and it's charging when the bikes on. I still keep the battery tender setup in place as a backup.

Hi luvdgl. I would like to have a non switched USB cable in that compartment. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Battery tender makes a harness you can run directly from the battery, so it's always on. I routed mine through the tank wiring tunnel.
You can use a car charger or a USB terminal at that point. It's all available through auto parts stores or at J&P cycle.

For phone charging, I now use a small pad charger mounted to an X ram. I routed the charger cable to the dash pocket cable and it's charging when the bikes on. I still keep the battery tender setup in place as a backup.
Picked up the Battery Tender and bought a cable. Just have to do the job. Someone said to take a coat hanger and fish the wire under the tank. This the best way?

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's the way I did it.
And, do you think you got it into the wire chase? Did you have to loosen the tank? Did you push from the back or pull from the front?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had the seat off when I did it. Didn't have to move/touch the tank at all. Pushed from the seat area up until I was able to grab the hanger and pulled the rest of the way.

And, do you think you got it into the wire chase? Did you have to loosen the tank? Did you push from the back or pull from the front?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts