Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,115 Posts
It'll be fine. Took mine off my matte RM. You can warm it up a bit with a hair dryer, then peel off easy. Might be a little residue left over, but that's easy to get off.

·
5,223 Posts
First thing I did once I got the bike home. Heating it up with a hair dryer or leaving it in the sun helps. Just used my finger nails. I used WD-40 to get the extra glue off after removing the sticker. Some use goo gone.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I hate seeing this on my new RM Darkhorse fuel tank, will it peel of without taking paint with it?
Yup.

To make it easier, blow dryer it for a couple of minutes (heat softens the glue). Don't use anything sharper than your nail. Slow and steady. You'll have residue, I used goo gone which gives it a bit of shine but a couple of days got rid of that.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup.

To make it easier, blow dryer it for a couple of minutes (heat softens the glue). Don't use anything sharper than your nail. Slow and steady. You'll have residue, I used goo gone which gives it a bit of shine but a couple of days got rid of that.
I'm near Tucson, so maybe I'll just let it set in the driveway for about 15 minutes instead of using a blow dryer! :ROFLMAO::cool:

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
Scout 60, Chieftain, previously owned Honda Goldwing, CB360 first bike
183 Posts
It’s likely a federal mandated warning sticker. It’s like those tags on new pillows: “Don’t remove under penalty of law.”

·
5,603 Posts
I was lucky enough to be able to get my fingernail under the edge of the sticker and gently peel it right off in one piece. Little or no glue residue was left to clean off.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,837 Posts
NO!!!
That is a government mandated safety warning. As grown adults, of legal age to buy alcohol and/or tobacco, to vote, to serve our country in combat, to buy, carry, and discharge firearms, to have and raise children (well, some of us), and to live the American dream, you (and all of us) are too stupid to operate this piece of equipment without a constant reminder to read the manual and wear proper gear.
Remove this warning and suffer the wrath of the harshest penalties known to man!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I warmed up the nonsense decal on the gas tank with a hair dryer--warm it up slowly. Was able to slowly lift it all off in one piece. Had my wife's Goo Gone standing by but didn't need it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1 for WD-40. Soak the sticker a few times and let it sit for 15 min or so. As you peel it off, spray WD-40 on the glue residue and rub it with you fingers, then it can be wiped away with a rag.

·
Registered
Scout 60, Chieftain, previously owned Honda Goldwing, CB360 first bike
183 Posts
I was lucky enough to be able to get my fingernail under the edge of the sticker and gently peel it right off in one piece. Little or no glue residue was left to clean off.
I just want to know what it takes to be a “distinguished” member?

·
5,223 Posts
NO!!!
That is a government mandated safety warning. As grown adults, of legal age to buy alcohol and/or tobacco, to vote, to serve our country in combat, to buy, carry, and discharge firearms, to have and raise children (well, some of us), and to live the American dream, you (and all of us) are too stupid to operate this piece of equipment without a constant reminder to read the manual and wear proper gear.
Remove this warning and suffer the wrath of the harshest penalties known to man!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger DH White Smoke
17 Posts
All my stickers were off before I left the parking lot of the dealership! No issue peeling them of with your fingers.... just a wet rag to pick up any of the minor residual glue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts