Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my saddlemen Road Sofa today. Firm at the moment should break in with some seat time. Fits tight with the factory passenger backrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,407 Posts
Will it work with the factory drivers backrest?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,407 Posts
I'm really interested to hear how you like this seat. I've been keeping my eye out for a different seat as I can't seem to get over 100 mi comfortably on the factory seat.

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
RJS, someone asked if the RIDERs backrest will work and you said it rubs....but I think you were referencing the passenger backrest....which it does appear to be a snug fit in your photo. So I have the same question as Tech; can you use the factory/OEM backrest with this seat? Also, will this vendor offer different colored stitching as part of the customization? Thnx in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,407 Posts
RJS, someone asked if the RIDERs backrest will work and you said it rubs....but I think you were referencing the passenger backrest....which it does appear to be a snug fit in your photo. So I have the same question as Tech; can you use the factory/OEM backrest with this seat? Also, will this vendor offer different colored stitching as part of the customization? Thnx in advance.
On their site it looks like they have their on back rest that is part of the seat. They have different colors as well for a small up-charge.

It's difficult because one site says don't fall for gels and another says don't let them fool you, gels are great. That's why I want to hear from someone who has one.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does you passenger like the seat? I’m looking for more comfort for some moderate 2-up touring on my Springfield, and I’ve been eying the Road Sofa

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I don’t have a driver backrest so I’m not sure. They have different colors for stitching to choose from.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Yes but it rubs
I've been looking at this seat for a while (the CF version though, for me). From what you can tell, do you think the rubbing of the passenger's backrest is going to cause issues?

Also, how does it sit YOU compared to the stock seat? Meaning, higher, lower, farther forward, farther backward? I don't want to move a bit. I don't want to take up any more of my passenger's room, nor do I want to be shoved up against the tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been looking at this seat for a while (the CF version though, for me). From what you can tell, do you think the rubbing of the passenger's backrest is going to cause issues?

Also, how does it sit YOU compared to the stock seat? Meaning, higher, lower, farther forward, farther backward? I don't want to move a bit. I don't want to take up any more of my passenger's room, nor do I want to be shoved up against the tank.
I’m sitting up higher and back but the seat is longer and the passenger has the same amount of seat. I’m 5’11’’ and still can rest my feet flat on the ground with a slight bend of the knees. My girl says she has the same amount of room as before but with more comfort.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just received my saddlemen Road Sofa today. Firm at the moment should break in with some seat time. Fits tight with the factory passenger backrest.
Nice seat! I don’t have my Challenger yet (or the passenger backrest) so I’m not sure if this would work, but it could be worth looking into. It’s for the Roadmaster trunk, but I’m told the Roadmaster trunk fits the Challenger, so if the backrest mounts are similar, it might.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have close to 700 miles on my Saddlemen. Very firm. Not sure how it compares to a Corbin. Better than stock Rogue which is was soft. Will be my seat this summer and see what happens. I can do around 50 miles then need to add the airhawk. I it does get better I hear Ultimate will be available this fall and that will be the direction I go

1 - 20 of 25 Posts