Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone here uses the saddlemen step up seat for their bobber? I'm leaning towards that seat with a sissy bar thrown on but am hoping someone else is already doing that so I can see a picture and get an opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Curious if anyone here uses the saddlemen step up seat for their bobber? I'm leaning towards that seat with a sissy bar thrown on but am hoping someone else is already doing that so I can see a picture and get an opinion.

Did you end up installing this seat? I am looking to get away from the stock seat but don't know what to go with yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased but hasn't come in yet. Hoping it ships this week. I've heard good things and it looks really comfortable. I'm optimistic for it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seat finally came in today. Was a bit of a pain to get the fender bolts to line up again afterwards to secure it on. Eventually got it on but I broke a sweat. The odd thing is the front of the seat doesn't seem to "snap" in like the oem seat. It just kinda floats there. Hopefully thats how it supposed to be. Overall I really like the look. Wont be able to ride for a few days but it feels a bit stiff right away. Instructions say break in period is 500-1200 miles. Adding a dean speed sissy bar for the lady once that comes in too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, the seat is a lot more comfortable than the indian seat. I havent put many miles on it yet but I havent felt any discomfort so far. The lip on the back holds you in well also. I can't wait to see how comfortable it is once it breaks in. So far I think its a great purchase.

·
Registered
2020 Indian scout bobber
27 Posts
It’s been 3 months! How’s that seat holding up?

im debating on this seat or the Bmc Corbin

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s been 3 months! How’s that seat holding up?

im debating on this seat or the Bmc Corbin
I'm a big fan! Much more comfortable than the stock seat. I can ride for hours now with no pain other than just feeling like I need to stretch. My fiance really likes it as well. I put a sissybar on the back as well and she is very comfortable for extended periods of time. We ride for over an hour or 2 and stop to fill up and keep going. Well worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi mate, how’s the seat now. Have you gone past the break in ?? I’m keen to get one but apparently saddle men are changing the pan design.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mate, how’s the seat now. Have you gone past the break in ?? I’m keen to get one but apparently saddle men are changing the pan design.
Seat is still great. I've put around 1500 miles on it and it's great. My fiance has probably put about 500 miles on the passenger portion and she's comfortable as well. I'd buy this seat over again in a heartbeat. Here's my current setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seat is still great. I've put around 1500 miles on it and it's great. My fiance has probably put about 500 miles on the passenger portion and she's comfortable as well. I'd buy this seat over again in a heartbeat. Here's my current setup. View attachment 625008
Bro i think that looks mean!! literally how i'm trying to set my bobber up to but shipping US parts to New Zealand is so expensive man :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bro i think that looks mean!! literally how i'm trying to set my bobber up to but shipping US parts to New Zealand is so expensive man :(
Thanks man! I can imagine the shipping is crazy. If it helps, the saddlebags are from Italy so I assume a little cheaper to you lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts