Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new seat. Took 3.5 weeks to get here. Much more comfortable than stock for me. I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam. It's supposed to be stock measurement but it puts me about an inch higher and back. I like the extra leg room. It feels firm compared to stock. I thought the stock was too soft. I need to take a long ride to see how my tail bone likes it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, tail bone not harmed. This seat is firm. Need time to break in.

·
Rider
510 Posts
Please keep us updated on the comfort!

·
Rider
1,028 Posts
Looks like a well made seat! Keep us updated after some miles.

How do you like the Rinehart slip-on?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the deep sound of the Rhineharts. So much better than the tinny sound of the stage 1's I had on my RM. Just loud enough for me also.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just got my Saddleman installed and I have to say its hard. Never had a seat this firm. Total opposite of the stock seat that is too soft. Ultimates have been my go to seat but they have nothing to offer right now. Nice looking seat but I wanted off the bike at 50 miles so now I'm worried

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
@muddobber - Any more updates? I've been looking at seats for the Challenger for a bit. After a few more months, how do you like it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@muddobber - Any more updates? I've been looking at seats for the Challenger for a bit. After a few more months, how do you like it?
I've got about 1500 miles on it and I'm still trying to break it in. It's firm. I have to move around a lot to keep my butt from hurting. I don't know if it will get better. I wish Ultimate would come out with one because I liked their's on my RM. The Challenger is a different style bike and may need to get used to it or try another brand of seat. I need it to be wider for my comfort. The Challenger seats are too narrow.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
One member got a Russels on his and I don't think it looks too bad. I looked into them but they're back to the middle of June for appts right now. I've read a few people have reached out to Ultimate and something "is in the works."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any more updates from anyone. I'm looking at a saddleman seat myself. The stock seat is too soft.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
2000 on mine still requires an airhawk for my butt. I have to get off every 1.5 hrs for a break

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hearing Ultimate will have a seat in the fall. I turned down a 10 day ride because I just cant do that much time in the saddle on this seat so will finish the summer with what I have and switch this fall

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have about 2,000 miles on mine and am also only able to do about 1.5 hours in the seat. It will do for now but I'm looking forward to the Ultimate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks. Guys.

I'm using an airhawk now as a temporary countermeasure. It's working OK so I'll hold off a little bit before purchasing another saddle.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
510 Posts
I have the Road Sofa by Saddlemen and I love it. I easily go a whole tank of gas being comfortable. Even then, its a quick stretch, some water, and I'm back on the bike.

Reactions: Smoothbassman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts