Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
For those with Saddlemen seats do they provide more room away from the tank than stock? The way I ride I'm sitting right up against the rise in the seat and looking for one with a bit more space. For solo riding.. Thx!

·
Registered
30 Posts
For those with Saddlemen seats do they provide more room away from the tank than stock? The way I ride I'm sitting right up against the rise in the seat and looking for one with a bit more space. For solo riding.. Thx!
The saddlemen seats have a bit of a more pronounced hump than a stock seat , so sliding back is even tougher, in my opinion. I guess it matters how big your ass is to begin with. You can always just slide back to the passenger portion of the seat , if you need to, but I wouldn't recommend that through the twisties :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The saddlemen seats have a bit of a more pronounced hump than a stock seat , so sliding back is even tougher, in my opinion. I guess it matters how big your ass is to begin with. You can always just slide back to the passenger portion of the seat , if you need to, but I wouldn't recommend that through the twisties :)
hahaha good to know. Thx!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I agree. I found it much better to shift side to side for cornering and I can reach the ground slightly better. It might get a few sideways glances if I ever left it in a parking lot, but I went for the Track LS hoping it would offer just a bit more airflow and less fatigue. I think it succeeds on all counts. View attachment 608684
When you ordered this seat what color is it? I noticed they have a few brown...
Your bike looks amazing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you ordered this seat what color is it? I noticed they have a few brown...
Your bike looks amazing!
Thank you. I wish I could provide a more precise color other than what the receipt listed as "Brown". When I originally ordered it, I called Saddlemen and asked for a color that matched the FTR Rally seat, and this is how it came out.

·
Rider
731 Posts
Does the saddleman give any extra back support over (not for comfort) the seat cowl that goes over the seat, I’m sure it gives some but does it give more. I’m assuming not because the seat cowl fits over the saddleman I’ve seen. I’ve noticed that when the seat cowl is on it feels like I have a lil bit of back/but support when doing a wheeli.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts