Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,182 Posts
There are a couple guys in Instagram who have already. They look nicer than the other options that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use saddleman seats on a few street trackers I built and loved them but I’m going to keep my FTR stock

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received my Saddlemen Indian FTR saddle today.... The quality of materials, fit, finish and craftsmenship are amazing.... Not a thread out of place and a true no drama bolt up.... I went with red stitching and logos which match the Indian red perfectly.... Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but have made a couple of initial observations (1) the very front is narrowed and angled making it a shorter distance to the ground, and (2) the operator's hump is taller which should help with back support. Hope to get some PICS and a riding assessment soon....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm still breaking mine in. I have about 600 miles on it. Check out my thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one on mine, I've only managed to put about 400 miles on it so far (Bike is in Florida and I'm up in Canada)
Still breaking it in, it's been a bit of a painful process so far.

It's better than stock, but marginally at this point. I'm hoping it gets better. Saddlemen in their defence, did tell me there was a break-in process. I guess we'll see!

I've got a long ride home in May, definitely need a couple more weekend trips to Florida to ride before the long ride back to Ontario. The stock seat was painful after 7 days in the saddle getting it down here.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got some miles in on the Saddlemen.... AND some pictures.... The 3 densities of foam and gel certainly make a difference--in a good way.... I really like the narrow nose which makes finding the pavement noticeably easier.... The denser foam is also an improvement for me on longer runs.... I am still very impressed by the overall quality of materials and workmanship in this saddle.... Definitely a keeper for me....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
That would be on my to do list if and whenever I'd get an FTR. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can not be sure from just looking at the pictures, but it would seem the Saddleman may have a little more length in the seat area then the Corbin. Saddleman does not give specs on their website as Corbin does! Any insight?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had Corbin's in the past.... Always liked them.... Several members have reported that the FTR Corbin pushes you farther forward (not a plus for me), and it looks that way in their pics.... I e-mailed Corbin 4 times with a couple of questions-- never got a response.... Only confirms the reviews on their current customer service.... I e-mailed Saddlemen a few times with questions-- always received a timely and detailed response thanking me for my interest.... I absolutely love my new saddle.... I will be looking no further than Saddlemen for my future needs.... These guys are in the business.... Another plus--Saddlemen estimated the lead time on my saddle would be 6 weeks-- I received it in just 2 weeks !!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had Corbin's in the past.... Always liked them.... Several members have reported that the FTR Corbin pushes you farther forward (not a plus for me), and it looks that way in their pics.... I e-mailed Corbin 4 times with a couple of questions-- never got a response.... Only confirms the reviews on their current customer service.... I e-mailed Saddlemen a few times with questions-- always received a timely and detailed response thanking me for my interest.... I absolutely love my new saddle.... I will be looking no further than Saddlemen for my future needs.... These guys are in the business.... Another plus--Saddlemen estimated the lead time on my saddle would be 6 weeks-- I received it in just 2 weeks !!!!
I've had both Corbin and Saddlemen seats in the past and I always preferred the Saddlemen for comfort and looks, quality is about the same between the two... as is the price.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts