1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I am selling my leather bags since I purchased a set of hard bags for my bike.

Very good condition. I bought them new when I purchased my bike in June 2014. I rarely ride with my bags on so they are in very good shape.

$950.00 plus shipping from Scottsdale AZ.

Please feel free to contact me with questions or if you need additional pictures.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody able to tell me what to purchase to put the hardbags on the Classic spools?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to find a way to modify the hard bags so I don't need to change the mufflers.

I usually ride without the bags on. Just like to have options.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I just installed Hard bags on my Vintage. I changed to Chieftain spools and Chieftain exhaust. Roadmaster spools and exhaust will work to. I also bought two button key fob to lock and unlock bags. Not a cheap conversion. but do enjoy the Hard Bags.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much was the lock/unlock switch on the dash?
How about the two button remote?
I have to get the lock cylinders rejected as well.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I skipped the dash switch didn't feel I needed it. Had dealer program two button key fob, think it was $99. Got a spare key when I bought bags.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the locks were the sake key as the steering headlock.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Are your bags still for sale with all the hardware to put them on my classic2015 ? If so call me 661-972-3623 harry

·
Registered
639 Posts
I need to find a way to modify the hard bags so I don't need to change the mufflers.

I usually ride without the bags on. Just like to have options.
one way to do it is to find a welder or machinist who can make you clamps that go over your existing mufflers to support your hard bags.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking of using rubber bump stops like on the back of the leather bags.
Or possibly putting something on the bottom of the bag so it rests on the mufflers without having a bracket permenantly on the mufflers.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I was thinking of using rubber bump stops like on the back of the leather bags.
Or possibly putting something on the bottom of the bag so it rests on the mufflers without having a bracket permenantly on the mufflers.
The bracket on the exhaust does help support the Hard bags which are heavier than the leather bags. Plus they can support more luggage. As expensive as the exhaust is, I still opted do change it and have it done correctly. The last thing I needed was to cause any damage to the Hard bags. Which in my case were triple the cost of what the exhaust was. Just my opinion for what's worth.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I definitely appreciate the info. I just need to find another way since I ride without bags most of the time

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.