Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of tcmt saddlebags used from another member but a prior owner cut the wires for the electronic locks and I’m looking to repair it. I ordered the factory harness to connect bike to solenoid but the tcmt version is hardwired at the solenoid so I’m curious if anyone could snap a picture or get any part numbers off the small connector where the harness connects to the solenoid so I can see how to proceed. Worst case I’ll just replace the connector altogether but if it’s a $2 connector I’d just as soon keep it clean! Thanks in advance!

·
Bronze member
5,021 Posts
Getting a look at where the wires enter the solenoid/lock body is almost impossible. I got this pic by holding my phone as far down as I could and found there is a small flat connector. I can't see how it disconnects, no lever or anything visible.

I hope this helps. There would be no way to get info on what brand etc without removing the lock from the lid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I was afraid of! Not to worry, I’ll just cut the wires and do a temp job until I figure out the polarity, I have some extra waterproof connectors from the usb outlets I installed. The wires under the side covers are orange and red but the new harness has them both black with a lot of taped up twists so not sure how they come out the other side. Worst case I lock when I should unlock...

Thanks for checking that out for me though!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For you (And anyone else that has a similar bike) here's the picture of the top-side of that plug...there IS a tab to depress to remove it.

@Dr.Shifty, can I bug you with one more question...what's the outlet down in the back of the right saddlebag? I'm going to add one but curious if what comes with the bike is USB, Cigarette lighter outlet or what and is it switched or always on? I already wired one of these up to the instrument cluster for charging the phone/headset while riding so trying to decide if I do the same in the rear (more cutting and soldering) or go with the factory adapter assuming I can figure out the p/n.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts