Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I’ve been searching threads for hours and haven’t found the answer I’m looking for.
I have a 17 chieftain. I recently got a deal on saddlebag lids and speakers. I found out today as I started the install that the speaker or the “old version “. And are not plug and play with my 17. In my simple mind speakers are speakers but what I haven’t figured out is what’s the missing part to make them functional. I know the silver amp isn’t compatible. Do I just need a 2 ch amp that is compatible? I appreciate any help you all might have. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
You need a four channel amp. The factory amp is 2 channel so you need to replace it with the four channel. I have one for sale now if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. What is the model number of the 4 ch you have for sell? Apparently the are 2 different ones.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I believe when you install the four channel amp you'll get some fader and balance setting you don't have now. You have to remove parts of the front fairing and pull out the two channel and replace it with the four. I looked into this myself and buying the old style speaker kit. Also read that the rear saddle bag speakers aren't audible for the rider going down the highway. No experience myself, I have been thinking about adding speakers to the highway bars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
. Also read that the rear saddle bag speakers aren't audible for the rider going down the highway. No experience myself, I have been thinking about adding speakers to the highway bars.
I toyed with this today. They are audible but not as much as the fronts. If you turn the rears off, there is a noticeable difference, but only with the windscreen fully up. Its more like a surround sound presence versus an old quad speaker set up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts