Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Indian has changed from the quick release saddlebag mounts to a screw in method. Anyone know whats required to change from one to the other? The parts diagram form Indian doesn't give a clear indication of what parts changed.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Thats what I have. I want to mount without quick release gizmos.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you already have the larger spools(which since you posted in chieftain section guessing you do) then really all you need is the two screws, the one that holds the spool to the bike and the second that screws into the end of the first to hold the bag on. It’s about $10 worth of parts per spool, so like $40 total. On Indians website for parts, if you look under “saddlebag mounting” for any 2019+ hardbag bike(chieftain, Roadmaster, Springfield) its parts 1-3 of the 4(part 4 being the spool itself that you already have if you’ve got hardbags).

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you already have the larger spools(which since you posted in chieftain section guessing you do) then really all you need is the two screws, the one that holds the spool to the bike and the second that screws into the end of the first to hold the bag on. It’s about $10 worth of parts per spool, so like $40 total. On Indians website for parts, if you look under “saddlebag mounting” for any 2019+ hardbag bike(chieftain, Roadmaster, Springfield) its parts 1-3 of the 4(part 4 being the spool itself that you already have if you’ve got hardbags).
Thats what I was looking for, I thought it would just be some kind of bolt setup. I’ll take a look there, thanks!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was it, I was looking at the schematic for the saddlebags instead of saddlebags mounting. Got them on the way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts