Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Saddlebag electric locks

988 Views 21 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SkywayRider2021
I'd like to have the electric saddlebag locks but I'm not crazy about spending $ 500.00. The only difference inside the lock mechanism is the electric motor and the wiring. The motor bracket and gear are in the manual lock assembly. I'd like to get the manufacturer part number on the motor ( not the Indian number) and try to buy motors. Anyone with electric locks willing to investigate would be awesome. The locks come apart and go back together very easily. This info would help anyone wanting electric locks for way less than Indians high accessory prices. I figured it's worth a shot to ask here, why not ?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2016 Roadmaster
220 Posts
Here a link that posted here already. With a quick cross check, it appears that the same unit is used across all models and years.

· Registered
246 Posts
Nothing important to offer, but the previous owner of my 2020 base model installed the electric locks on my bags and the trunk, and I cannot imagine not having them now. My key fob also actuates my alarm system.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here a link that posted here already. With a quick cross check, it appears that the same unit is used across all models and years.

You'd have modify for that. It's just an electric motor that's missing.

· Registered
246 Posts
The lock part number is 4017838. I'll have to get some time to dig into taking it apart if that's what you need.

Reactions: Unruly One

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to have the electric saddlebag locks but I'm not crazy about spending $ 500.00. The only difference inside the lock mechanism is the electric motor and the wiring. The motor bracket and gear are in the manual lock assembly. I'd like to get the manufacturer part number on the motor ( not the Indian number) and try to buy motors. Anyone with electric locks willing to investigate would be awesome. The locks come apart and go back together very easily. This info would help anyone wanting electric locks for way less than Indians high accessory prices. I figured it's worth a shot to ask here, why not ?
The motors.
Wood Font Hardwood Gas Auto part

Found
Gears next... gonna use a 1 amp Pico fuse.

· Registered
246 Posts
Update. Got gears on amazon , put them in and ran wires, easy... now I have electric saddlebag locks for around $35. I did have to file the half moon motor tab on the cover.
Do they use a key fob, it is there an option on the RC?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts