Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am loving my new Chief Classic but am wanting to add some sadle bags. Any tips or suggestions? I like Indians but 1300 seems a little steep. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you checked to see what BOSS Bags are offering? They have super bags. Although not cheap.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just put a set of the Indian bags on my Classic, they have really made a difference in how I am now able to use the bike. I usually swim 3 times a week and have a 30 mile drive one way to get to the Y, now I just put my gear in the bags and take my bike rather than the car; beautiful back road trip. I have also added the large handle bar bag. Don't know how I got along without it. Super handy! Everything within easy reach. I have a windshield on my bike and that bag has just about eliminated all the wind turbulence behind the shield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool indijoe! Please post a pick of the bags on the bike if you can. I would love to see them installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a black Classic because I wanted to do my own bags and windshield and don't want the highway bars........so in a way I saved $2000 and got the exact bike I wanted...
I did a lot of research on bags, including the thought of mounting Victory CrossRoads bags on my bike (I just happened to have a set sitting around after I traded my Victory for an Indian.

I settled on Indian Travler bags from Osprey Ltd.........Not only are the bags AWESOME, they are still less expensive than most other custom made bags......David does great work and his "turnaround" time is often one week, certainly less than 2.

Also, Bob at Easy Brackets, has them for the 2014 Indian.....

I'd put up a picture of the bags, but, I don't see a way to do it here.....I did post them on another Indian forum and you could see them there or just look on Ospreys wegsite

If you get them from Osprey, tell him (David) you heard it from me........He's a great guy and I'd like him to know how much I love his work.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow that's pretty! Just what I would want because I don't need a rear seat wife never rides anymore. Also I need a comfy saddle with a back rest!

Nice job!

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Those are good looking saddle bags, very nice work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Either way you go your going to have to bite the bullet in price. If your going to spend the money miles well get the Indian bags.
They will really compliment your bike. 1300 bucks is real not really that bad for Indian bags anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1554366_10152836768182818_2274675922238155383_n.jpg
Here is a picture of my Dealer prepped Classic. It is a numbered Indian #160 and they added all the stuff to make it just like the Vintage, just in Black. I loved it on the spot and took it how with me. It has the Indian, bags, backrest, windshield and highway bars. I still need to add a drivers backrest. I love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, I was on the Osprey website, it needs major work, hard to see close up of bags. I really like your bags, How much did they cost you, brackets and all. Did you install them? They look pretty big, which is good I think. Do they detach very easy? What does your bike look like when there not on? Does it still have that clean classic look, or do you see bulky looking brackets? Also, what is the inside of the bags facing outer side supported with ABS Plastic All the way around inside, The Tan Bags on the Vintage DO NOT have any inside ABS plastic liner on inside of the outside leather, meaning you could easily poke or stretch the leather from inside if not carefully packing things. Thanks, They look really cool!

I'm thinking about saving some Money and getting the classic and maybe these bags or something like them. and the Indian Stereo teardrop speakers, Is the windshield the Indian that removes very easily?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I broke down and bought a set of saddlebags. Got mine from US Saddlebag Co. total cost of $750 with brackets. They are a bit smaller than stock. But they replace spool pieces. So you can mount the passenger backrest. Waiting on rear luggage rack. Want to get matching trunk bag. Will post pic of my ride when done.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bags from Indian in Australia cost $1695 aust + postage! So those osprey bags look like a real bargain & look damn good too!
Say Zakatak, is that rear rack a custom job? Looks better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great, I have the same set up with the backrest and indian bags. Have you had any issue with the bag mount coming loose from the spool? It doesn't seem that secure. Maybe I'm missing something? Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have noticed spool pieces get loose sometimes. After our severe winter in Wisconsin. Roads are like a third world country. I check them often.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts